Successful pillow surgery
Mar 26, 2008 9:45 AM
In my quest to find the perfect latex pillow I finally gave up and took the knife to my wonderful 5 year old too thick queen latex pillow. It was 2 inches too high after I switched to my latex bed about 4 weeks ago. I have tried so many new pillows and none worked so I grabbed my sharpest knife and scissors went at it.

It isn't beautiful but It worked! My head is at a good angle now and when the pillow is inside it's case and inside my pillow case, it looks normal again.

Once again, I have you guys to thank for helping me think outside the box about "surgery" on mattresses and now my pillow.

Sabra

Re: Successful pillow surgery
Reply #1 Mar 27, 2008 12:39 AM
Sabra, Thank you for sharing since it got me brave to finally cut my topper that is too wide and too long from Brylane's.  It went so well with just sharp scissors. Now I am ready to try to make my Overstock pillows a little bit lower. I am going to use the Queen Soft and wonderful Latex pillows from Flobeds for sham pillows since they are too perfect to cut and if less high would be perfect but also look wonderful filling out my shams.
Re: Successful pillow surgery
Reply #2 Mar 28, 2008 4:59 AM
You can also build a foam pillow to the correct height too. I made a pillow out of a core of firm HR foam and some left over 1" memory foam cut from a king size Overstock.com visco topper, but you could easily use any leftover latex as well. I cut to size and slipped the components into a zippered pillow protector to hold them together. My pillow is 3" thick at the moment, but I have extra visco and HR already cut I can slip in if I want to make it thicker. It always seemed logical that if you can build a mattress out of foam components you can build a pillow too.

Recent Posts