Springs not foam, make the difference
May 16, 2009 12:40 PM
Took me over a month to really learn the difference through trial and error, but I made my decision.  I just purchased a queen mattress set, firm, made in a small factory where only 30 mattresses are made daily.   All of them by hand, using coils, cotton batting and just a small amount of foam under the top surface, and they are flippable!  And the real box spring is composed of coils, cotton and wood, not just wood and a cover.  A month ago I originally piurchased a top of the line Symbol Comfortec Firm, with split box (made of wood and fabric only) and had it for 2 weeks and it began to sink in the center.  After complaing to the manufacturer and dealer, I was lucky enough to get my money back which is very unusual.  When I went into THAT store and said I wanted a mattress with NO foam, memorey foam, etc., due to having  had back surgery, and I needed a very frim mattress. I somehow wound up with a foam encased , one sided mattress, about 13 inches high, with about 7 inches of foam on the top.   And I was in pain every morning due due all of that foam.   So, after wising up and constant internet research, I believe that a mattress needs springs/coils for the best support and very little foam, and a box spring that has just that, springs.   So I am well pleased with my soon to be delivered mattress set made of hand turned coils and flippable, and genuine Box Spring foundation.
This message was modified May 16, 2009 by Marybeth

Recent Posts