Sore neck!!??
May 8, 2012 7:28 AM
This is ridiculous.  I wake up and my neck is so sore I can't even turn my head.  I'm primarily a side sleeper.  I've tried traditional "stuffing" pillows from super thin to super thick but they all hurt to some degree.  Anyone else had this problem?  Any tips?
Re: Sore neck!!??
Reply #1 May 8, 2012 8:51 AM
Sidesleeper99 wrote:

This is ridiculous.  I wake up and my neck is so sore I can't even turn my head.  I'm primarily a side sleeper.  I've tried traditional "stuffing" pillows from super thin to super thick but they all hurt to some degree.  Anyone else had this problem?  Any tips?

In general, a side sleeper would not try such a wide range of pillows because you should be looking for the one pillow firm and tall enough to keep you spine aligned while on your side.  So, maybe you need to review your mattress and your pillow for proper support.  Or perhaps there is a body health issue.  Initial advice would be to do a little reading and then review the state of your sleep system... try to narrow in on what is casuing your sore neck.  Also, things like daytime strains can be exacerbated by poor sleep support.

GK

Reply #2 May 11, 2012 11:17 PM
Hello

after reading about your neck pain i would strongly recommend a LATEX pillow on the firm side i have been using these pillows for many years now and i have found that they are the best type of pillows. but please do not go and spend more then $80 on a latex pillow. any questions just let me know.

Thanks

Reply #3 May 31, 2012 11:31 AM
I am having the same problem on my new mattress. I just purchased the tempurdic allura bed which I love. I had an 8 year old spring pillow top mattress. Anyhow the store threw in 2 Tempurdic cloud pillows for free. They are very thick pillows and warm. I like cool pillows and I can't stand the heat. I seem to waking up with a sore neck every day now. I even tried to go back to the pillows I was using on my spring mattress and my neck still feels sore when I wake up.

I don't think it's the mattress because I don't feel the soreness in any other part of my body. I also do not notice it when I am sleeping. I only feel the soreness in my neck after I wake up and move around. Does this sound like a pillow issue? I am mostly a side sleeper but from time to time I lay on my back. Maybe this mattress requires me to have better pillows then what I previosuly had.

Can anyone give me some advice please

Thanks

Reply #4 Jun 2, 2012 11:20 AM
I can't even believe I fell for the "infomercial" on the micropedic pillows on hsn.  Homedics has a history of crap items but I figured for $60 it can't hurt.  These pillows lasted us over 2years and are amazing.  My wife and I are both side sleepers and love the cool feeling when the pillows are flipped.  The latex and memory foam pillows are heat traps for your head.  The microbeads conform to your head and provide excellent support. 
Reply #5 Jul 7, 2012 4:30 PM
LATEX PILLOW ALL THE WAY THEY ARE THE SHIZ. THAT MEANS THEY ARE GOOD.wink
Reply #6 Jul 16, 2012 6:09 AM
Sidesleeper99 wrote:

Several reasons for you  problem:
1. improper posture of head and neck during sleep; 2. pillow mats too high, hard and soft or rough terrain;3. neck injury; 4. neck wind chill

Reply #7 Aug 1, 2012 10:16 AM
giacona wrote:

I am having the same problem on my new mattress. I just purchased the tempurdic allura bed which I love. I had an 8 year old spring pillow top mattress. Anyhow the store threw in 2 Tempurdic cloud pillows for free. They are very thick pillows and warm. I like cool pillows and I can't stand the heat. I seem to waking up with a sore neck every day now. I even tried to go back to the pillows I was using on my spring mattress and my neck still feels sore when I wake up.

I don't think it's the mattress because I don't feel the soreness in any other part of my body. I also do not notice it when I am sleeping. I only feel the soreness in my neck after I wake up and move around. Does this sound like a pillow issue? I am mostly a side sleeper but from time to time I lay on my back. Maybe this mattress requires me to have better pillows then what I previosuly had.

Can anyone give me some advice please

Thanks

Hi,

I had the same issue and ended up replacing my mattress. However, the sore neck issue still remained. I decided to replace my pillows next [which i think i should have done before buying a new mattress - would have saved a whole lot of money :( ].. After doing a substantial research, i decided to give the Sleep Innovations a try and found a good deal on Amazon (also check out their reviews). Its been just a week since i have been using these pillows and I can't tell you how  surprised i am. Still finding it hard to believe that a pillow could make such a difference!! Do give it a shot - if it does not work, all you loose is about $45 else, you will have a perfectly relaxed night sleep to look forward to :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006P93BAG/ref=oh_details_o02_s02_i00

This message was modified Aug 1, 2012 by eversmile

Recent Posts