So many choices (would like latex mattress preferably not go over $2000)
Dec 26, 2009 10:00 AM
Hi mattress geniuses,

I am hoping to get some advice.  Here are our specs:

Me (M): 6'  215 lbs - side sleeper switch sides frequently during night.  Sleep with pillow under my head another to hold onto with my arm and a body pillow for between my legs. Not sure if it is relevant but I also have severe acid reflux.  I tend to get hot while sleeping and am very allergic to dust mites (just giving all info :)  )

Wife (F): 5'7" 148 lbs - usually side sleeper but sometimes uses other positions / just one pillow under head

I'm looking for any and all kinds of advice regarding a latex mattress.  Our current bed is a king Simmons Beautyrest (either World Class or Classic or something similar judging by their pictures) we've had for about 6 years and it is getting pretty uncomfortable to sleep in.  The matching box springs would seem to be in good condition.

I would like something that will last a long time and hopefully be less than $2000 (willing to go a little more if I have to).

First I was looking at the Sealy SpringFree line but there don't seem to be any reliable reviews on those and they don't seem to be made entirely of latex so the parts that aren't will not last long.

Then I started reading this site and checked out the sleepez and flobed sites and find them confusing so I now come to the experts to give their valued opinions.

Thank you kindly in advance and hope to be sleeping comfortably in the near future.

Cheers!
Dave

Recent Posts