Sleep EZ layer swap policy
Jan 20, 2008 11:38 PM
I notice in Sleep EZ's warranty/trial info you can swap any layer for another as long as you pay the return shipping.  Then it says "subsequent layer replacement would be at current price of 2.8" layer, plus shipping."  So, is this basically saying you get one swap then you have to buy the layers outright (which are up to $400)?  Has anyone had any experience with Sleep EZ in exchanging more than one layer?  Do they hold you strickly to this policy, or will they work with you on multiple exchanges?
Re: Sleep EZ layer swap policy
Reply #3 Jan 22, 2008 5:26 PM
I'm with Lynn on this one.  For someone who is 99.99% sure of what they want, I think either company is fine.  If you are new to latex like we were, I think Flobeds is a better bet.  We went through 3 exchanges (multiple cores each time) with Flobeds + we exchanged our topper and Flobeds gave us no problems.  The topper isn't even mentioned in their policy but Dewey @ Flobeds was kind enough to give us an exchange.
Reply #4 Jan 22, 2008 10:15 PM
I had written to SleepEZ in the past and I interpreted their letter back to me that one latex core exchange was allowed for free and that was it. If I wanted another latex core I would have to pay for a new core with no refund of the old latex core.  If their policy has changed please correct me. Some people are not picky and can sleep on any combination of cores but I know I am picky on the firmness of my bed so I had no choice but to go with a company that I could switch out layers.  Both FloBeds.com and SleepEZ.com seem to have a good reputation so for me I had to choose flexibility and no restocking fee in case latex would not be for me and that is why I went with FloBeds.  I also went with FloBeds since two of my clients have a FloBed and told me about their latex bed and shared the website with me before I ever found this site.  Then I did some research and felt comfortable with my decision.
D3Fi, Re: Sleep EZ layer swap policy
Reply #5 Jan 23, 2008 11:04 AM
D3Fi, I was wondering what latex core combination you ended up with since you and your wife seem to like very firm beds like me.  What latex topper thickness and ILD did you end up with? 
Re: D3Fi, Re: Sleep EZ layer swap policy
Reply #6 Jan 25, 2008 10:14 PM
Lynn2006 wrote:
D3Fi, I was wondering what latex core combination you ended up with since you and your wife seem to like very firm beds like me.  What latex topper thickness and ILD did you end up with? 

Lynn,

We have a 32 ILD 2" natural topper on top of 38(nat)-38(nat)-44(blended).  My wife's side has the 44 in the middle.  At least 2 of the 38s are actually 40s however.  The entire test sticker was still on them and showed a 40 at all tested points.  Both sides are very,very firm.  My wife who always loved a soft bed actually ended up firmer than me (by moving the 44 to the middle) - go figure.  She like her just as it is.  I am 95% satisfied with my side though I would like a little more cush at the shoulder for side sleeping.  If we did it all over, now knowing that Flobeds is willing to do custom zoned beds, I think we would go zoned.

We did try the the all SF blended out of desperation to get away from the mush - not realizing at the time how big of an impact each layer has on the total feel.  Live and learn.  I think that's something that should be mentioned more often here as someone new to latex really cannot imagine the difference even 1 layer can make.

D3Fi - Re: Sleep EZ layer swap policy
Reply #7 Jan 25, 2008 11:48 PM
D3Fi, Thank you so much for sharing your configuration with me.  I really apppreciate you letting me know you are comfortable also with a similar firmness to my bed (the way I redid the layers this morning) and your wife who used to like a softer bed put a 44 ILD in the middle of the bed (the way I had my bed yesterday).   I wonder if a 32 ILD that is 2" thick would be comfortable for my hips and middle of my back would be good for me and a 17 ILD for my shoulders would be good for me.  I am going to sleep on what I have right now with the 1" topper and then back to the 1.5" topper before I call Dave on Monday to ask him what I should do.  If I kept my bed the way it was, I was very happy but I guess I am a perfectionist and want my shoulders to have a little more cushion.  I know I had no cushion with my old conventional bed and I turned all night from side to side to get away from the pressure points. I do not turn much at all now.   I wish FloBeds would have zoned toppers but I guess they do if we bought the custom zoned bed but we both did not. I do love my bed and it is great to hear others also like very firm latex beds like I do.  I love how there are no chemicals in the bed to bother my allergies. 
Reply #8 Jan 28, 2008 11:41 AM
Just for everyone else's information, I called Sleep EZ over the weekend and they were very helpful in answering a number of questions.  As for the issue of swapping layers, the person I spoke to said they'll send you one layer that you can play with and then return another layer, and all you pay is the return shipping (~$20-$25).  As for swapping layers after that, they just make you pay for shipping both ways.  Sounds like a fair deal to me.  Moving closer to my Sleep EZ latex mattress purchase...
Reply #9 Jan 28, 2008 1:38 PM
I am glad we went with flo-beds 4 years ago.

I did a lot of research and was 99% sure I'd be able to find a good latex combination. But after swapping out several cores, paying for shipping and etc. we decided we just did not like Talalay (or any?) latex, not even with a memory foam topper. So we sent the whole thing back, only lost $100 or so in shipping costs, and flo-beds gave us no hassles at all about the refund.

So unless you have slept on latex before, I really encourage you to go with a company like flo-beds that allows a complete refund if you find latex doesn't float your boat.

Reply #10 Feb 4, 2008 3:39 AM
mpb2000 wrote:
Just for everyone else's information, I called Sleep EZ over the weekend and they were very helpful in answering a number of questions.  As for the issue of swapping layers, the person I spoke to said they'll send you one layer that you can play with and then return another layer, and all you pay is the return shipping (~$20-$25).  As for swapping layers after that, they just make you pay for shipping both ways.  Sounds like a fair deal to me.  Moving closer to my Sleep EZ latex mattress purchase...

Their policy doesn't read that way and my own email replies from them don't support either.  However, let's say they have changed their policy.  The shipping will still be double for exchanges compared to Flobeds or someone with the same exchange policy as Flobeds.  We exchanged ~10 cores in all so I would have hated to pay double shipping on that.
Reply #11 Feb 5, 2008 10:52 AM
D3Fi wrote:
Their policy doesn't read that way and my own email replies from them don't support either.  However, let's say they have changed their policy.  The shipping will still be double for exchanges compared to Flobeds or someone with the same exchange policy as Flobeds.  We exchanged ~10 cores in all so I would have hated to pay double shipping on that.

So, for 10 cores, that's an extra $200 in shipping.  The price difference between the Sleep EZ and FloBeds mattress is a whole lot more than that.
This message was modified Feb 5, 2008 by mpb2000
Reply #12 Feb 5, 2008 11:42 AM
If you decide you do not like Latex, then there is a restocking fee. My FloBed cost no more than the SleepEZ.com bed since FloBeds.com is always having sales and any price decrease in the bed you choose, you will get the credit for if you watch their site the first 90 days. I got three mark-downs.  I also got my 90 day trial period extended when I had my car accident.  I feel some topper is always needed on top of the firmer latex to have some cushion and give to make the bed comfortable.  Both FloBeds and SleepEz have good reputations but I wanted to restocking fee if I changed my mind and I wanted Talalay Latex since the cleaning process used in the Talalay latex makes me not sensitive to it and it does not bother my allergies.  The topper FloBeds offers is an expensive topper so if you are used to sleeping on a bed that does not have much cushion at all, maybe you do not need a topper but if you do, you have to take that into consideration. 

Recent Posts