Serta Pure Response vs Natura Solice: HELP!
Aug 8, 2009 7:58 PM
Hello, I have looked for reviews for these two latex mattresses, but haven't really found any. I am really hoping
somebody has an opinion. Before I give details, let me just mention that  I cannot afford the pure organic mattress from Natura,
so I am aware that the Natura that I am looking at contains some chemicals. In particular,  I am looking at the Ultra-Green Solice.
According to the Natura website, the Solice contains:
  •  Non-removable plush top
  • Bamboo/Cotton blend stretch ticking
  • 18 oz./ yd² Natura Smart Wool in plush top
  • 8" Talalay latex core
  • All natural fire barrier
  • 20 year warranty
Now, today, my husband and I tried out a Serta Pure Response Lavish and Illumination. I gather no one is very happy with the S-brands, but this
bed seemed very comfortable, but I am still concerned about it due to the S-brand reputation.

I know that there is some PU foam in the Serta, but not much. Will this really degrade over time? I am
taking this mattress abroad, so I need it to last a long time.

Any help, advice, anything, would be extemely appreciated. I thank you all in advance!
Re: Serta Pure Response vs Natura Solice: HELP!
Reply #11 Oct 23, 2009 10:15 AM
arg0 wrote:
I bought the topper through a local store, who is willing to swap the latex part out for a softer latex (NaturaWorld won't do this). The total cost to me for the swap is $80. The local store has to order the new 2" cal king size latex sheet. I didn't expect the store to do the swap for free, and thought the charge was reasonable. No?

It might be reasonable; I don't know. Maybe I'm just cheap.

If you think it's reasonable, go ahead and try it. From what eagle said, it sounds like the 20-22 ILD topper might be enough softer to make a difference and give you the plush feel you're looking for.

If you try the lower ILD topper and the bed still feels too firm, make sure you're not bottoming out on it (pushing the topper down far enough to feel the mattress underneath). That probably won't be a concern, though, with the 2" of latex + 2" of wool. Just a guess. Let us know what you try and what works for you.

-Catherine

Recent Posts