Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else?
Jan 23, 2012 9:20 PM
I just bought a queen size Serta i-comfort Revolution.  I brought it home and when I was setting it up, I noticed that the zipper that attached the mattress to the base (I got the motion base) had a few inches extra fabric on the base side.  The queen size mattress protector and sheet set were loose when I put them on.  Turns out that the mattress is a few inches short on each side (Measured 58"x77" instead of the standard queen size of 60"x80")  The base measured properly for a queen.  So it definatley is bigger than a full, but not quite a queen.  The consumer tag on it said its a queen size...  

I went back to a Mattress Warehouse and measured the one in the store and it's the same.  The Salesman said it was becasue it's foam and has rounded corners.  (rounded couners might give you 1/2" but no way 2 or 3")  I measured other mattresses in the store and they were correct.  Even a tempurpedic queen measured as a queen.   Any body else notice this?  I really hate having ill-fitting sheets.... 

Re: Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else?
Reply #14 Jun 20, 2014 11:17 AM
mxw128 wrote:

I just bought a queen size Serta i-comfort Revolution.  I brought it home and when I was setting it up, I noticed that the zipper that attached the mattress to the base (I got the motion base) had a few inches extra fabric on the base side.  The queen size mattress protector and sheet set were loose when I put them on.  Turns out that the mattress is a few inches short on each side (Measured 58"x77" instead of the standard queen size of 60"x80")  The base measured properly for a queen.  So it definatley is bigger than a full, but not quite a queen.  The consumer tag on it said its a queen size...  

I went back to a Mattress Warehouse and measured the one in the store and it's the same.  The Salesman said it was becasue it's foam and has rounded corners.  (rounded couners might give you 1/2" but no way 2 or 3")  I measured other mattresses in the store and they were correct.  Even a tempurpedic queen measured as a queen.   Any body else notice this?  I really hate having ill-fitting sheets.... 

mxw128.  Makes you wonder if there is a specific factory that has an errant smaller mold or do all of factories put out a smaller product. Does anyone have one that is full sized? Mattdud

Reply #15 Jun 24, 2014 12:35 AM
We just measured our new twin xl mattresses and find them to be less than size indicated.  Instead of 80 inches long they are only 77 and 1/2.  They are only 36 and 1/2 inches wide instead of 39 inches.  This is not what the standard size should be.  We are still airing these out and have not slept on them.  We have not put a pad or sheets on them, so do not know if that will be a problem.  I plan to make the store aware of this issue.
Reply #16 Jun 25, 2014 10:16 AM
I have had this problem too with the same mattress. I didn't know it was something that happened this often until I read this post. I couldn't take it back so i tried to fix the sheets to fit the mattress
Reply #17 Oct 12, 2015 2:15 PM
I bought the Serta Motion Perfect Adjustable base(s) and I chose the California King I-comfort Epic(top of the line $3200.00 hard earned bucks plus another $2800.00 for the adjustable base) the first one they send was only 80 inches in length. The second one they sent was like MAYBE 81 if you measured it liberally. Still 3 inches shy of the corner brackets on the SERTA adjustable base. The Industry standard for California King is 72 X 84 by ANY standard you look at (except Serta's website which says Cal-Kings measure 72 X 83.5). I have health issues and may DIE before I get what I paid for but I will NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT!!!. I am NOT buying the lies that it will expand(it hasn't in 30 days). If it is Serta's business practice to make short mattresses then it seems like to me they would make short adjustable bases also so at least their products would match. MAYBE 60 Minutes will contact us and expose this.
This is a Serta issue and I would like make it clear that the store that sold me this (I shall NOT name them) is trying to do the right thing.
Reply #18 Nov 3, 2015 8:34 AM
hi
i bought the Serta I comfort Queen size with the adjustable bed
when i lay down on the mattress my feet hangs off the mattress and when i elevate the head forget it, my calves are outside the mattress
i measured the mattress it was short 3 inches in lengh and 2 inches in width
i contacted serta and store, replaced the mattress 4 times and they are all the same size
all short in lenght and width and i am not even a tall person
i never slept on a queen size bed where my feet hangs off the mattress
this is ridiculous never again Serta...................
Reply #19 Sep 10, 2020 6:08 PM
Well, I realize this thread has been inactive for about 5 years – but I thought that I would add that it's 2020 and Serta STILL hasn't figured it out. We purchased a Cal King iComfort that was 4" short on the length and 2.5" short on the width. The company we purchased it from arranged for a new bed and when that arrived it was 2" short on the length and 2.5" short on the width. Unfortunately Factory Mattress here in central Texas says that 2" difference is within their tolerances and "We can't keep filling up our warehouse with odd sized mattresses". As if it's my fault SERTA can't manufacture a mattress to the correct size. I struggle to understand how this is even a problem that could happen in today's manufacturing environment.
Reply #20 Mar 6, 2021 6:20 PM
We just purchased a Sealy I comfort 4000 firm hybrid mattress from Mathis Brothers in Indio California. My husband had them set it up. I was not at home at the time but when I came back home I realized after looking at the mattress that it was much smaller than the adjustable bed frame that we had also bought from Mathis Brothers. It also looks slumped in the middle so we took out the leveler and a measuring tape and found that the Cal King, which is supposed to be standard 72 x 84, actually was 69 by 82. We got the same story from the customer service reps at Mathis Brothers saying Serta has a variable of up to 2 inches on both width and length. My first interaction with Mathis Brothers was that I had to send pictures showing both the mattress and the adjustable frame and showing the gaps. I did. Then I got another email from Mathis Brothers stating that I had to take a picture of me actually measuring the mattress. At that point I started getting pissed off thinking I just spent $4000 on a mattress at your store, you were selling me a defective Serta second hand mattress and now I have to prove that it’s not a true CalKing. We will have Mathis Brothers send out another one, but measure the next mattress to prove a point. If it is in fact that much smaller I would probably just have them pick up the other mattress and say goodbye to Serta. I believe after reading several other reviews that a class action suit is in order. Everyone this isn’t right and Serta knows it.
Reply #21 Aug 3, 2023 5:08 PM
Just got a new Serta iSeries® Hybrid 4000 14.5 inches Plush King Mattress. and having the same issue with it being to short, It's 76 inches wide but only 77- 3/4 inches long. Mattress Firm brought out another one and it's the same. Going to try and return. Paid $2650 for it.
This message was modified Aug 3, 2023 by c0bra6557
Are mattresses made from recycled materials better for the environment?
Reply #22 Feb 15, 2024 7:19 PM
With the increasing focus on sustainability, should we consider using mattresses made from recycled materials as a more eco-friendly option? How do these mattresses compare in terms of comfort and durability to traditional ones?
Best Mattress for heavy people?
Reply #23 Mar 11, 2024 8:58 PM
If you're on the heavier side and struggling to find a comfortable mattress that can support your weight, I highly recommend looking into hybrid mattresses. These mattresses typically have a combination of foam and coils that provide both support and comfort, making them an ideal choice for heavier individuals. Don't waste your time and money on a mattress that will sag under your weight - invest in a high-quality hybrid mattress for a restful night's sleep.

This message was modified Mar 12, 2024 by a moderator

Recent Posts