Serta icomfort savant reviews for owning over 6 months
Jan 1, 2014 11:45 PM
My husband and I have been looking for a new mattress and have tried out several in stores. We narrowed it down to the icomfort savant, but I have read such bad reviews on them so I am worried. I have talked with a couple people who have the icomforts and they swear by them. Does anyone else have anything good to say about them that has owned it for over 6 months? This is a very big purchase for us and we can't afford a tempurpedic so any info would be great.
Re: Serta icomfort savant reviews for owning over 6 months
Reply #1 Jan 3, 2014 5:12 PM
Reviews are opinions. Negative opinions on the internet are all the rage.  Personally, I would look at Tempurpedic if you are going with an all foam bed.  They are about the same price range as the Serta knock offs.  Did I say knock offs?  Yes.  They are Tempurpedic wannabe's.  No where near the quality.  Basically, highly marketed cheap garbage.  Much like a sleep number bed.  But if your friends swear by them, then they must be good.  But they won't compare to the real deal.
Reply #2 Jan 14, 2014 3:58 PM
I purchased an icomfort mattress about a year and a half ago.  It was not the softest of the line and not the firmest.  I loved the soft yet supportive feel of the mattress.  When I purchased it, the salesperson said that I could flip it every  4-6 months, but was not really necessary because foam mattresses are made to retain their shape.  The bed felt great, but after about six months or so, it seemed to me that I was sleeping in a hole again like my previous mattress of 12 years.  I got off the mattress and tried to assess the heighth of the mattress, but it looked level.  It seemed like if I moved to the center of the bed that it was more supportive.  I have continued to deal with the mattress and have flipped it evey six months but nothing has changed. My back has begun hurting more, like it was with my older mattress.   Just today, I started looking at the reviews.  Wow.  Others are having the same experiences that I am.  Please do not buy a mattress based on a review that is less than six months old.  Have had no other issues with smell, heat, moisture, etc.  Have not measured the bed, but I don't really care about a few inches.  The bed is not fully paid for yet.  I guess I will go back to where I purchased it from and see what they can do.
Reply #3 Mar 14, 2014 9:14 AM
I have had my mattress almost a year.  At first it was fine, but the last several months it has gotton so bad I can hardly sleep in it.  I get tunnels so deep that in the morning I have to crawl out of it on my hands and knees.  I contacted serta and they said I had to talk to dealer.  No satisfaction either way.  I wake up in morning stiff from trying to lay on hill instead of falling down into valley.  My husband weighs 200 lbs and I am only 140 lbs so where he lays there is a huge tunnel.  We are seniors and the difficulty getting out of it is really upsetting.  I have a cane beside my bed to help me get out.  I put a board under mattress, but it did not help.  The mattress is so light it slips off the edge of bed regularly.  Every night we have to push it back into place.  The worst thing I have ever slept on.  I would not purchase any of the Icloud models.  The heat or cool is not an issue.  Just the tunnels.  We have flipped it monthly but it does not help.  Just a terrible mattress and a waste of money!
Reply #4 Mar 19, 2014 4:46 PM
Hi Josie - we're sorry to hear about your experience with your iComfort mattress. We are happy to look into this for you and see how we might be able to assist. Please email marketing@serta.com and we will follow up with you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Recent Posts