Selling a 1 month old Tempur-Pedic Mattress?
Jan 12, 2013 7:58 PM
Is there a makret for selling a slightly used (5 weeks old) Tempur-pedic mattress?  We have a split-king Tempurpedic Allura with the Ergo adjustable bases that we cannot return and are thiinking about selling it to try and recoup some of the cost. I was thinking of asking half of the purchase price if we decide to sell.  We would still be losing 5K dollars!  I have never tried to sell a mattress before so not sure if it is something that sells or where to post it?   Is this a reasonable undertaking for such a product/cost ?  Thanks...
Re: Selling a 1 month old Tempur-Pedic Mattress?
Reply #7 Jan 23, 2013 4:13 PM
If you haven't tried it yet, start walking on the mattress at night before going to sleep.  It will help speed up the conditioning process some.  Also, are you sleeping with the head and legs elevated?  If not, try to find a comfortable position while lying on your back and that may help some with the lower back pain.
Reply #8 Jan 23, 2013 6:55 PM
lca717 wrote:

If you haven't tried it yet, start walking on the mattress at night before going to sleep.  It will help speed up the conditioning process some.  Also, are you sleeping with the head and legs elevated?  If not, try to find a comfortable position while lying on your back and that may help some with the lower back pain.

Thanks for the helpful response.  I have walked on the mattress but not everynight before bed.  I've only walked on it maybe 4 or 5 times for about 10 minutes each.  I have adjusted the head and feet position to see if that helps with limited results.  The thing I notice is that when I sleep on one of our other mattresses, including the air matress with a 2" layer of memory foam on top of it, I feel I sleep better, more comfortable and don't have as much pain in the morning.  The Tempur-pedic seems to tighten up the lower back and hamstrings during the night and I can feel some sciatica pain in my left leg.  This seems to go away after a couple of nights on a different bed?  I guess I can try some more walking on it...

Reply #9 Jan 23, 2013 7:05 PM
Kevin wrote:

Thanks for the helpful response.  I have walked on the mattress but not everynight before bed.  I've only walked on it maybe 4 or 5 times for about 10 minutes each.  I have adjusted the head and feet position to see if that helps with limited results.  The thing I notice is that when I sleep on one of our other mattresses, including the air matress with a 2" layer of memory foam on top of it, I feel I sleep better, more comfortable and don't have as much pain in the morning.  The Tempur-pedic seems to tighten up the lower back and hamstrings during the night and I can feel some sciatica pain in my left leg.  This seems to go away after a couple of nights on a different bed?  I guess I can try some more walking on it...

I would try walking on it some more because it will definitely help soften it up.  The Allura with the HD foam in it can be pretty firm and will take some time to soften up, but it tends to be one of the beds my customers are happiest with.  With the adjustable base, the best way to find the most comfortable sleeping position is to lie on your back.  Start raising the legs first and you will notice the relief in your lower back.  Once you feel that, stop.  Next, you will want to do the same thing with the head.  Program this position into your remote so that you can go back to it the next night.  Try that position for a few nights and see what happens.  If you need to make a few adjustments, make them, just make sure to keep programming the position into the remote so that you can keep going back to the same position.  Hope this helps!!!

Reply #10 Jan 24, 2013 2:50 PM
tempurpedics don't work and they are overpriced.  
Reply #11 Jan 24, 2013 3:50 PM
Tempurpedics do work, and are every penny.  Of course these are opinions.  And they are neither right or wrong.  Except Roy just happens to be wrong on this one.

Welcome back Roy.  Haven't seen you around here in awhile.  

I see you still haven't found a bed that will work for you.  

By the way, I'm still waiting for my Tempurpedic to turn to mush like yours did.  It's still in like new condition after 4 years.  I'll try walking on it more.

Take care, and good luck with your continued search.

Reply #12 Jan 28, 2013 9:41 PM
Kevin, what part of the country are you in? I'm east coast and may be interested.

j

Reply #13 Jan 29, 2013 12:15 PM
freshair wrote:

Kevin, what part of the country are you in? I'm east coast and may be interested.

j

I'm in California. 

Reply #14 Feb 5, 2013 12:26 AM
I am interested and sent PM.
Reply #15 Feb 14, 2013 8:37 PM
Well, I contacted Tempurpedic Customer Service and told them my issue with the Allura and they have agreed to exchange it out for me.  They told me to go to a local retailer and decide on which model I want to exchange out for and I decided on the cloud Luxe.  The Luxe seems like it will offer the support both will not be as firm as the Allura?  We shall see?  I have to admit that I am impressed with the CS at Tempurpedic.  They had no obligation to take the mattress back as I did not purchase it through them.  The CS woman was very helpful and seemed very willing to try to put me in another mattress that would give me the comfort I was looking for...
Reply #16 Feb 17, 2013 2:32 PM
Hi Kevin,

im interested in buying a split CA king.  Is yours the CA by any chance?  If so, where are you located?  I think you can return them also if you bought them within the past 90 days.

Recent Posts