Saatva Mattress - Does it Hold Up over Time?
May 9, 2013 5:45 PM
Re: the Saatva mattress, I have read the reviews and posts on here regarding this mattress. I have read the reviews on the Saatva website itself, along with all the other reviews that I could find on the internet. 99% of them seem to be all about the great customer service, etc., and about how nice the mattress looks and feels once they receive it, etc., (which is all beneficial and good to know, of course) - but there are few, that I can find, that speak about the durability of the mattress itself over time.

There was a post on here some time back asking that very question, but no one really responded with an answer.  Evidently, the company has only been marketing their product on a wide-spread on-line basis about 4 years or so, but surely there must be somebody out there that has had the mattress for a couple of years now, who could and would report about how it is holding up.

I may be too skeptical, but a good number of the reviews/posts out there seem to be a bit too glowingly over the top. Many of them seem as if they are intentionally planted, especially since you can see the same exactly worded review on several different sites. It seems that Saatva has done a great marketing job covering the internet with positive messaging, and from what I have read, if true, then it deserves the positive reputation. 

I would just like to know something about people's experience with the mattress itself a couple of years out from purchase. If there is anyone on this forum who has had the mattress for a time or who has read or knows about the durability of it over time, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

This message was modified May 9, 2013 by MrSandman
Re: Saatva Mattress - Does it Hold Up over Time?
Reply #2 May 15, 2013 6:25 PM
I actually bought my Saatva mattress about two years ago.  My experience has been really great and I can confirm that it does hold up quite well over time.  I am a male and about 175 pounds as a point of reference btw.  There has been no sagging or anything noticeably different about the mattress from when I first started using it.  The mattress was initially a huge improvement over my previous mattresses and I was shocked at how nice it was, how much easier it was to get to sleep and to stay asleep through the night, and how much better my body started to feel.  That remains the case today and I would say that there's no real reason why this wouldn't apply to anyone else with a Saatva mattress.  I'm just one person, so take this all with a grain of salt, but my experience over time has been very positive.  I hope this helps.
Reply #3 May 15, 2013 8:11 PM
@IJR112 - Thank you for your response and for the information about the durability and comfort of the Saatva mattress two years out from purchase.  Your experience with the mattress is good to know, since I went ahead and bought the "Firm" mattress.  The mattress I received is actually an "Extra Firm," at least that is what both the Saatva label and the manufacturer's label reflect.  Not sure how that happened, since I ordered a "Firm," and they only offer a "Firm" for sale on their website.  But, from reading the many reviews on the internet prior to purchase, evidently, even as late as last year, they offered only the "Extra Firm," and then for whatever reason, changed it to the "Firm."

In any event, since I prefer a firmer bed, no problem from my end.  It felt a bit too hard the first couple of nights, but then it seemed to soften just a little, and now I find it to be quite comfortable and very supportive.  Hope my mattress holds up as well as your's.  If not, I'll update and note my experience with it on this forum for others to know.  Hope you will do the same, if anything changes.  Thanks again.

This message was modified May 16, 2013 by MrSandman
Reply #4 Dec 2, 2013 5:35 AM
I just received my Saalva Matress Plush Firm with a box spring and foundation. To begin it sure is better than what I had but the hype with all these reviews and comparison to 2,000 and 3,000 mattresses are not true. It is what I purchased, a mattress in the price range I paid and that is where that comfort level meets. I have a plush firm and it feels like a comfort level of other of the same in that price with that description. My only gripe is the same sales pressure I tried to avoid in the stores are applied online with hype it does not meet. I had a 2,500.00 mattress when I was married this mattress is far from that comfort level. I will see in time how it holds up and it is not bad, just not up to the hype they build to sell them online. Not even close since the bar they set is so high. An average 900 dollar mattress which I am hoping lasts at least 5 years.
Reply #5 Dec 8, 2013 4:18 PM
MrSandman wrote:

@IJR112 - Thank you for your response and for the information about the durability and comfort of the Saatva mattress two years out from purchase.  Your experience with the mattress is good to know, since I went ahead and bought the "Firm" mattress.  The mattress I received is actually an "Extra Firm," at least that is what both the Saatva label and the manufacturer's label reflect.  Not sure how that happened, since I ordered a "Firm," and they only offer a "Firm" for sale on their website.  But, from reading the many reviews on the internet prior to purchase, evidently, even as late as last year, they offered only the "Extra Firm," and then for whatever reason, changed it to the "Firm."

In any event, since I prefer a firmer bed, no problem from my end.  It felt a bit too hard the first couple of nights, but then it seemed to soften just a little, and now I find it to be quite comfortable and very supportive.  Hope my mattress holds up as well as your's.  If not, I'll update and note my experience with it on this forum for others to know.  Hope you will do the same, if anything changes.  Thanks again.

Hi, Mr. Sandman, since you've had the mattress a few months now, can you provide an update? comfort/durability? any sagging?

Seems like you're a real customer while many other reviews here seem contrived. So, your update would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Reply #6 Dec 10, 2013 10:08 AM
I recently bought a S&F Kathryn luxury firm estate collection mattress from mattress firm. I am quite happy with the mattress except it gets a little hot in the night. I am a stomach sleeper and my wife is a side and back sleeper.

The reason the confusion started when I started reading reviews and there is a lot of complaint regarding sagging and durability. The last thing I want is paying so much and then worrying about the product quality. 

I am evaluating to return the mattress and currently researching Saatva luxury firm Mattress. Please suggest if there is genuinely a significant quality difference between The S&F that I bought ( since there is no specific review related to the one I purchased ) and if it is worth buying Saatva over The S&F that I have since Saatva is only a few years old and there is not a lot of history so not many issues raised.
This message was modified Dec 10, 2013 by a moderator
Reply #7 Jan 20, 2014 8:44 PM
Has anyone responded on this issue?  I too wonder about this, as there is no information that address just this.  I am glad Saatva has great customer service, and super pricing, but all these reviews jump right over "longevity".  Most new mattresses feel great the first night out - but how about after a year or so?  Any deep indentations, deep body impressions, sagging, etc?

Would anyone, owning this mattress for at least 6 months to a year, address this issue?

Reply #8 Feb 10, 2014 2:57 PM
I'm starting to think most of these reviews are planted OR they are doing a GREAT job of removing the negative ones.  I am not happy with this bed.  To be fair, my husband thinks it's OK, and that we will probably not find anything better.  That's not saying much because the bed we had before was a VERY old sleep number bed that, in my opinion, slept horribly.  My husband's side was a little better, but I always felt that I was sleeping either on the floor, or a soft couch, no happy medium.  The SAATVA looks BEAUTIFUL!  Slide your hand across the top, and to the touch, it feels really nice.  Just don't sleep on it. The Pro: There's a lump in the middle, but believe it or not, it's not that uncomfortable. I also don't mind the lump because I hear a lot of beds tend to sink in the middle over time. The Con: I can't deal with how it leans downward from the middle. I feel like I'm sleeping at a slant; like I'm going to roll off. It also feels like I'm sleeping on the floor, but on top of a plushy carpet. That's uncomfortable. It also sleeps warm.  The best mattress I've ever owned was a Kingsdowne. I don't remember which model, but I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. I had it when I was in my 20s and after moving a few times, it began to sag in the middle.  I've read that happens to that mattress over time anyway. I guess I'm looking for a mattress that sleeps comfortably like that one.  This mattress is definitely not it.
This message was modified Feb 10, 2014 by PurdueStar
Reply #9 Aug 5, 2014 2:21 AM
I purchased my Saatva in April 2013 and around the 6 month mark I developed low back pain due to a "indention" that had developed in that area of the mattress.  I don't know if it was from the comfort layers or springs breaking down but Saatva took care of it.
This message was modified Aug 7, 2014 by KathyD26
Reply #10 Jan 25, 2015 2:02 AM
I know this is a bit of an old post, so not sure if anyone will see this.. I'm contemplating going the Saatva route since a friend of mine had one and really liked it. I was wondering which one you got that developed the indentation?
This message was modified Jan 25, 2015 by bedman15
Reply #11 Jan 25, 2015 2:39 AM
<p> </p> ]
I purchased my Saatva in April 2013 and around the 6 month mark I developed low back pain due to a &quot;indention&quot; that had developed in that area of the mattress. &nbsp;I don&#39;t know if it was from the comfort layers or springs breaking down but Saatva took care of it.
[/quote wrote:
I know this is a bit of an old post, so not sure if anyone will see this.. I'm contemplating going the Saatva route since a friend of mine had one and really liked it. I was wondering which one you got that developed the indentation?

Recent Posts