Room and Board Mattress Review
May 31, 2011 10:22 AM
Hi, 

I've been a lurker on this site for a few weeks - I recently moved to NYC and my wife and I wanted to upgrade from our Full to a Queen.  We went to a few places in the city and tried out a large number of mattresses, but we weren't blown away by any of them.  I did a lot of reading on this site, and while we both liked the feel of latex (highly recommended here), it was more than we wanted to spend.  We budgeted around $850 for the mattress, and we didn't need a boxspring because we have a platform bed.  We almost went with us-mattress, but were hesitant about buying a mattress without actually laying down on the thing.  

In the end, we went with the basic firm innerspring mattress from Room and Board, and we're happy with our decision.  After a week and a half of sleeping on it we're both used to the feel of it, and we've decided we don't need a latex topper at this point.  

Just wanted to say how happy we are with it.  It was only $580 with tax and delivery, it's made in America by a family-owned mattress company out in the Midwest, and it does the job just fine.  I spent so much time worrying about mattresses that I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and bought what I was comfortable with.  I'll update this in a month or so if the feel of the thing starts to change. 

Recent Posts