Which shows body compressions more? 3/4" memory foam or 1" talalay latex? (toppers)
Sep 10, 2007 6:44 PM
Deleted original post.  Too many weird symbols that I didn't type! Will check to see how to make them go away and then re-post.
This message was modified Sep 10, 2007 by BeddyBye
Re: Which shows body compressions more? 3/4" memory foam or 1" talalay latex? (toppers)
Reply #3 Sep 11, 2007 2:19 PM
I agree--it's a safe bet that the latex will hold up better. I just want to add that although I'm not a big fan of memory foam for various reasons, I have an inch of it on top of my mattress. Over the memory foam is an inch of latex. See my thread below about loving my mattress after a year.  Neither latex nor memory foam shows any change in this time.

Alisande
Re: Which shows body compressions more? 3/4" memory foam or 1" talalay latex? (toppers)
Reply #4 Sep 11, 2007 3:12 PM
I think you should go with which material feels best to you - either one will last a good long time, and a one or two inch piece of either is generally inexpensive enough that it can be replaced after a number of years.  Much less expensive than changing mattresses as too many of us on this forum already know!
Reply #5 Sep 11, 2007 5:33 PM
<SPAN style="COLOR: #0000cd"><STRONG>This is exactly what I did! Only instead of the softer Overstock latex, I have a firmer 32 ILD layer over the Overstock memory foam (approx. 1&amp;quot;. Closer to 3/4&amp;quot;.) I tried it for the first time last night and it was wonderful! It was neither too soft nor too firm. And, it felt supportive. Very nice feeling for both my side and back. I hope this configuration feels this great for a long time. My husband's side has the same two toppers, but his mattress is a wee bit firmer, changing the comfort level slightly. He has a 55 ILD HR 3/4&amp;quot; PU foam base above the coils, whereas mine is a 45 ILD. &amp;lt;BR&amp;gt;&amp;lt;BR&amp;gt;Anyway, thank you for your review, Alisande! Glad it's still working well for you! I know I sure didn't want to get out of bed this morning!<BR><BR></STRONG></SPAN> Alisande wrote:
I agree--it's a safe bet that the latex will hold up better. I just want to add that although I'm not a big fan of memory foam for various reasons, I have an inch of it on top of my mattress. Over the memory foam is an inch of latex. See my thread below about loving my mattress after a year. &amp;amp;amp;nbsp;Neither latex nor memory foam shows any change in this time.&amp;amp;lt;BR&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;BR&amp;amp;gt;Alisande
This message was modified Sep 11, 2007 by BeddyBye

Recent Posts