Sticking with Latex - update on Costco all Latex mattress, and a topper for a different bed
Jul 3, 2017 11:23 AM
Hello there

About six months ago I posted that we had returned one bed to Costco and gotten this one, also from Costco:  Purchased a Sleep Science latex mattress (something like six inches of firm and 3 inches of medium) - also from Costco (purchased online). It is comfortable but not a "plush".  I already had a 3" convoluted latex topper (with wool covering); Added that and it now seems just right.

So far so good with this combination - but time will tell.

Since then, I purchased a 2" convoluted or "eggshell" textured latex topper (not from Costco) for our RV, which came with a Sleep Number bed.  To tell you the truth, I don't know if it is a sleep number of a knock-off of that.  Adding this latex topper made a big difference.

I doubt I will ever let myself buy anything but all latex from here on out.

Now for the search for the perfect pillow...!  :)

Re: Sticking with Latex - update on Costco all Latex mattress, and a topper for a different bed, sheets, down blanket, new pillow too
Reply #2 Aug 4, 2018 1:42 PM
Update a year after my post above.

Still loving the Sleep Science all latex mattress (something like six inches of firm and 3 inches of medium) which felt pretty firm, so added the 3" convoluted latex topper to make it feel more plush (topper was one we had purchased a few years before to "get us by" until we could find the right bed).

Also still happy with 2" eggshell latex topper with cotton cover from foamorder.com that we use in the RV.

I like 100% cotton jersey sheets and seem to have decent luck with Brielle brand ordered from Amazon.  Over sheets we use one thin 100% cotton blanket and one Pacific Coast down blanket (because a down comforter is too warm).  Down blanket also from Costco.

As for the pillow search, just got this pillow to try - and I LOVE IT...!!!  I understand pillows, like mattresses are a very individual matter.  Here's the link:  https://www.costco.com/Novaform-Lasting-Cool-Gel-Memory-Foam-Pillow-Queen-Size.product.100390670.html

Good luck to all...!

This message was modified Aug 4, 2018 by BedSaga
Re: Sticking with Latex - update on Costco all Latex mattress, and a topper for a different bed
Reply #3 Aug 4, 2018 1:45 PM
Here's a picture of the pillow

Recent Posts