Split King Adjustable Bed owners: does the Split between the beds irritate you?
Aug 20, 2011 7:55 PM
Well been pondering whether to get a split king Comforpedic or normal king (1 piece mattress) with a Leggett & Platt adjustable bases.  I know the list of disadvantages and advantages, but sometimes you just need to own a product to know if you made the right choice.  Main advantage with split king is independent control, disadvantage less sleeping real estate.  Will the split between the two mattresses drive me nuts?  I know Comforpedic has well supported edges so maybe the split in the middle will not be that irritating?  Owners please chime in.  If you had to do it again, would you buy a split king with independently adjustable bases or a 1 piece king with adjustable bases that move in unison? Thanks.
This message was modified Aug 21, 2011 by Adjbed2525
Re: Split King Adjustable Bed owners: does the Split between the beds irritate you?
Reply #6 Aug 27, 2011 8:33 PM

Achyjon, I take it that you have 2 motorized bases working in unison with movement, with two split twin xl mattresses that are treated as a 1 piece King with sheets and mattress pad, correct?

They are two, and were in unison, but now are individual and still 1 piece king sheet and mattress pad, and works out well.

Re: Split King Adjustable Bed owners: does the Split between the beds irritate you?
Reply #7 Aug 30, 2011 12:55 AM
We bought a split king since we're using the Prodigy adjustable base. My wife likes the independent control, even though I do make fun of her because I think she used the adjustable base once or twice in the 2 months we had the bed. And how much did we pay for this thing again..haha.. we don't a TV in the bedroom so we might not get full use of the adjustable beds. When we slept in a hotel last weekend on a regular king we did miss it. A split king to me, feels like 2 separate beds, just right next to each other. But then again, we have 2 different beds, she has the Tempurpedic Rhapsody and I have the Cloud Luxe, about 1in difference in height too.
Reply #8 Mar 21, 2013 8:24 AM
It was iritating with Revery Deluxe, but when purcshased new s-cape I don't have this problem anymore.
This message was modified Mar 21, 2013 by a moderator

Recent Posts