Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else?
Jan 23, 2012 9:20 PM
I just bought a queen size Serta i-comfort Revolution.  I brought it home and when I was setting it up, I noticed that the zipper that attached the mattress to the base (I got the motion base) had a few inches extra fabric on the base side.  The queen size mattress protector and sheet set were loose when I put them on.  Turns out that the mattress is a few inches short on each side (Measured 58"x77" instead of the standard queen size of 60"x80")  The base measured properly for a queen.  So it definatley is bigger than a full, but not quite a queen.  The consumer tag on it said its a queen size...  

I went back to a Mattress Warehouse and measured the one in the store and it's the same.  The Salesman said it was becasue it's foam and has rounded corners.  (rounded couners might give you 1/2" but no way 2 or 3")  I measured other mattresses in the store and they were correct.  Even a tempurpedic queen measured as a queen.   Any body else notice this?  I really hate having ill-fitting sheets.... 

Re: Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else?
Reply #9 Nov 13, 2013 11:02 PM
Ordered an I comfort mattress from Sears received almost a week and a half later and realized that it wasn't a queen size bed. I'm missing 3 inches length and width. How does a major brand get away with such a lie. I called Sears and they said it was in between 4 to 48 hours before I could talk to someone about a return. I'm glad I found this article and decided to take a search on Google everyone who orders this bed and has the same problem should return this bed immediately. It's not a queen size bed by the standards and dimensions of even the Serta website.
Reply #10 Dec 11, 2013 7:17 PM
Got my icomfort about 3 hours ago and it is smaller then the sleugh bed frame I purchased with it. It looks abolutely silly!! You can see the wood slats underneath. So I measures my king size mattress to find is is 3 inched shorter length and witdh. It measured out to be 73" x 77".  This one will be going back to the store. This is a joke. I go tthe Genius, which is thousands of dollars. I am not happy.
Reply #11 Feb 1, 2014 1:28 PM
Yep, I know all about this problem.  I bought my Cal King 2 years ago when they first came out.  Macys came 3 times with a replacement, each time it was 2 inch short on the length and 2 inches short on the  width.  Finally, I said 

there was no reason to keep delivering the same mattress because it didn't seem to be a mistake.  I contacted Serta.  Oh boy!  Over a period of 3 weeks I spoke with person after person after person.  Every one said that it wasn't possible.  They sent someone out to measure my mattress.  Sure enough he agreed with me.  The people at Serta were rude and kept saying there could be a difference in size of a a half inch to an inch.  I told them that first of all a half inch I could understand, not an inch. And anyway this one is less 2 inches in width and length.  There was nothing on the internet about this mattress because it was too new.  Finally, the Serta manufacture near me made one with the right dimensions for me.  I do think Serta is well aware of this issue but they figure most people don't take the time to measure the mattress.  I am happy with my matress but I won't deal with Serta in the future.

Reply #12 Apr 2, 2014 10:37 AM
I ma having an smae issue as well. I bought icomfort intellectual EFX King size. I immediatley noticed the mattress is king of square shape. Normally it shoud be 76"x80". I took a mesurement. it turn out it only 75"X78". I checked Serta website it said the king is 76"X 79.5" with +-0.5". obvious my is short for 1". I called Sears, they told me 2"-3" difference is normal. 2-3" are you kidding me? The mattress is expensive. They should made to industry standard. After an hour agruging, they agree to send me another new one this weekend, but after reading this post, I am afraid the new one is going to be short agagin. How com dose the Setra making expensive mattress not following the industry standard?
Reply #13 Apr 2, 2014 3:45 PM
It's like the banks skimming off a few cents at a time; hoping the customer doesn't realize it.  It adds up to big $$ over time.  
Reply #14 Jun 20, 2014 11:17 AM
mxw128 wrote:

I just bought a queen size Serta i-comfort Revolution.  I brought it home and when I was setting it up, I noticed that the zipper that attached the mattress to the base (I got the motion base) had a few inches extra fabric on the base side.  The queen size mattress protector and sheet set were loose when I put them on.  Turns out that the mattress is a few inches short on each side (Measured 58"x77" instead of the standard queen size of 60"x80")  The base measured properly for a queen.  So it definatley is bigger than a full, but not quite a queen.  The consumer tag on it said its a queen size...  

I went back to a Mattress Warehouse and measured the one in the store and it's the same.  The Salesman said it was becasue it's foam and has rounded corners.  (rounded couners might give you 1/2" but no way 2 or 3")  I measured other mattresses in the store and they were correct.  Even a tempurpedic queen measured as a queen.   Any body else notice this?  I really hate having ill-fitting sheets.... 

mxw128.  Makes you wonder if there is a specific factory that has an errant smaller mold or do all of factories put out a smaller product. Does anyone have one that is full sized? Mattdud

Reply #15 Jun 24, 2014 12:35 AM
We just measured our new twin xl mattresses and find them to be less than size indicated.  Instead of 80 inches long they are only 77 and 1/2.  They are only 36 and 1/2 inches wide instead of 39 inches.  This is not what the standard size should be.  We are still airing these out and have not slept on them.  We have not put a pad or sheets on them, so do not know if that will be a problem.  I plan to make the store aware of this issue.
Reply #16 Jun 25, 2014 10:16 AM
I have had this problem too with the same mattress. I didn't know it was something that happened this often until I read this post. I couldn't take it back so i tried to fix the sheets to fit the mattress
Reply #17 Oct 12, 2015 2:15 PM
I bought the Serta Motion Perfect Adjustable base(s) and I chose the California King I-comfort Epic(top of the line $3200.00 hard earned bucks plus another $2800.00 for the adjustable base) the first one they send was only 80 inches in length. The second one they sent was like MAYBE 81 if you measured it liberally. Still 3 inches shy of the corner brackets on the SERTA adjustable base. The Industry standard for California King is 72 X 84 by ANY standard you look at (except Serta's website which says Cal-Kings measure 72 X 83.5). I have health issues and may DIE before I get what I paid for but I will NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT!!!. I am NOT buying the lies that it will expand(it hasn't in 30 days). If it is Serta's business practice to make short mattresses then it seems like to me they would make short adjustable bases also so at least their products would match. MAYBE 60 Minutes will contact us and expose this.
This is a Serta issue and I would like make it clear that the store that sold me this (I shall NOT name them) is trying to do the right thing.
Reply #18 Nov 3, 2015 8:34 AM
hi
i bought the Serta I comfort Queen size with the adjustable bed
when i lay down on the mattress my feet hangs off the mattress and when i elevate the head forget it, my calves are outside the mattress
i measured the mattress it was short 3 inches in lengh and 2 inches in width
i contacted serta and store, replaced the mattress 4 times and they are all the same size
all short in lenght and width and i am not even a tall person
i never slept on a queen size bed where my feet hangs off the mattress
this is ridiculous never again Serta...................

Recent Posts