Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else?
Jan 23, 2012 9:20 PM
I just bought a queen size Serta i-comfort Revolution.  I brought it home and when I was setting it up, I noticed that the zipper that attached the mattress to the base (I got the motion base) had a few inches extra fabric on the base side.  The queen size mattress protector and sheet set were loose when I put them on.  Turns out that the mattress is a few inches short on each side (Measured 58"x77" instead of the standard queen size of 60"x80")  The base measured properly for a queen.  So it definatley is bigger than a full, but not quite a queen.  The consumer tag on it said its a queen size...  

I went back to a Mattress Warehouse and measured the one in the store and it's the same.  The Salesman said it was becasue it's foam and has rounded corners.  (rounded couners might give you 1/2" but no way 2 or 3")  I measured other mattresses in the store and they were correct.  Even a tempurpedic queen measured as a queen.   Any body else notice this?  I really hate having ill-fitting sheets.... 

Re: Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else?
Reply #4 Feb 3, 2012 7:06 PM
mxw128 wrote:

I just bought a queen size Serta i-comfort Revolution.  I brought it home and when I was setting it up, I noticed that the zipper that attached the mattress to the base (I got the motion base) had a few inches extra fabric on the base side.  The queen size mattress protector and sheet set were loose when I put them on.  Turns out that the mattress is a few inches short on each side (Measured 58"x77" instead of the standard queen size of 60"x80")  The base measured properly for a queen.  So it definatley is bigger than a full, but not quite a queen.  The consumer tag on it said its a queen size...  

I went back to a Mattress Warehouse and measured the one in the store and it's the same.  The Salesman said it was becasue it's foam and has rounded corners.  (rounded couners might give you 1/2" but no way 2 or 3")  I measured other mattresses in the store and they were correct.  Even a tempurpedic queen measured as a queen.   Any body else notice this?  I really hate having ill-fitting sheets.... 

I have been hearing this a lot lately. I am going to head down to one of the Serta Stores and see if it is like that here in NC as well. I will let you know what I find here.

Reply #5 Feb 7, 2012 5:56 PM
We just got the same mattress delivered today in the King Size.  It says on the Serta site that it should be 76 x 79.5 +-.5 inch.  Ours measured 74.5  x 78.  It is noticeably shorter than the king bed it replaced. We called the strore and they measured the ones that they had and they were the same.  They said that they do this so the bed will fit in a sleigh bed foundation.   We will probably just end up living it with but for 2600 buck you should get every inch you pay for.... 
Reply #6 Oct 19, 2012 9:41 PM
I just bought an icomfort serta cal king. My sheets and mattress pad were noticeably loose, so I compared measurements of my old sealey cal king to the new icomfort cal king, and checked the mattress tag.  the tag has the std cal king sizing; 72X84.  my icomfort is about 70X 82. 

A cal king bed is 4 inches narrower than a regular king, so that means my bed is half a foot narrower than a regular kind, and only 2 inches longer. I'm tall and the cal king should be 4 inches longer than a regular king, but I only have half the extra length, or 2 inches.  I'm not very happy and my fitted sheet keeps popping off the corners since it fits so loosely.  It seems that serta either can't measure, their foam shrinks or they are cutting corners to save a few pennies of foam cost. 

also the mattress does bow out some on the sides, but you can't sleep on the sides, only the top surface.  Serta's website gives the bed dimensions and also says there is a tolerance of half an inch.  Now I thinks I should have bought a tempur pedic.   : (

Reply #7 Dec 16, 2012 11:10 AM
We have the same problem with a Serta i-comfort king mem foam mattress. At first we assumed it was a problem with the king frame we bought. Huge gap at the end of it. When I finally decided to measure the mattress it was 74x76 instead of 78x80. I bought it from Appliance Factory Outlet in Denver and am getting the run around fom them since we didn't figure this out for over a year. I am considering a small claims lawsuit. I realize the warranty ends after a year but 1) its not common knowledge to measure a mattress when you receive one. I never thought a mattress could be so mis-sized (figure a king is a king) 2) its not like if I returned it sooner they would be able to re-sell it 3) Serta failed to notice the size mistake and so did the store that I bought it from that bought it from Serta. I am furious. I paid $1,700 for it and the gap between the mattress and frame looks ridiculous. Any thoughts on what I should/can do? I wish this store would just have some integrity and do the right thing but they are slimeballs and don't care at all about customers.
Reply #8 Dec 29, 2012 3:31 PM
I have teh same problem with my queen size, it is 58" instead of 60", this is really annoying as a standard queen shoudl be made to be a standard queen size of 60".
This message was modified Nov 13, 2013 by a moderator
Reply #9 Nov 13, 2013 11:02 PM
Ordered an I comfort mattress from Sears received almost a week and a half later and realized that it wasn't a queen size bed. I'm missing 3 inches length and width. How does a major brand get away with such a lie. I called Sears and they said it was in between 4 to 48 hours before I could talk to someone about a return. I'm glad I found this article and decided to take a search on Google everyone who orders this bed and has the same problem should return this bed immediately. It's not a queen size bed by the standards and dimensions of even the Serta website.
Reply #10 Dec 11, 2013 7:17 PM
Got my icomfort about 3 hours ago and it is smaller then the sleugh bed frame I purchased with it. It looks abolutely silly!! You can see the wood slats underneath. So I measures my king size mattress to find is is 3 inched shorter length and witdh. It measured out to be 73" x 77".  This one will be going back to the store. This is a joke. I go tthe Genius, which is thousands of dollars. I am not happy.
Reply #11 Feb 1, 2014 1:28 PM
Yep, I know all about this problem.  I bought my Cal King 2 years ago when they first came out.  Macys came 3 times with a replacement, each time it was 2 inch short on the length and 2 inches short on the  width.  Finally, I said 

there was no reason to keep delivering the same mattress because it didn't seem to be a mistake.  I contacted Serta.  Oh boy!  Over a period of 3 weeks I spoke with person after person after person.  Every one said that it wasn't possible.  They sent someone out to measure my mattress.  Sure enough he agreed with me.  The people at Serta were rude and kept saying there could be a difference in size of a a half inch to an inch.  I told them that first of all a half inch I could understand, not an inch. And anyway this one is less 2 inches in width and length.  There was nothing on the internet about this mattress because it was too new.  Finally, the Serta manufacture near me made one with the right dimensions for me.  I do think Serta is well aware of this issue but they figure most people don't take the time to measure the mattress.  I am happy with my matress but I won't deal with Serta in the future.

Reply #12 Apr 2, 2014 10:37 AM
I ma having an smae issue as well. I bought icomfort intellectual EFX King size. I immediatley noticed the mattress is king of square shape. Normally it shoud be 76"x80". I took a mesurement. it turn out it only 75"X78". I checked Serta website it said the king is 76"X 79.5" with +-0.5". obvious my is short for 1". I called Sears, they told me 2"-3" difference is normal. 2-3" are you kidding me? The mattress is expensive. They should made to industry standard. After an hour agruging, they agree to send me another new one this weekend, but after reading this post, I am afraid the new one is going to be short agagin. How com dose the Setra making expensive mattress not following the industry standard?
Reply #13 Apr 2, 2014 3:45 PM
It's like the banks skimming off a few cents at a time; hoping the customer doesn't realize it.  It adds up to big $$ over time.  

Recent Posts