Sealy posturepedic vs. The original orthopedic matress.... Any suggestions/experience?
Jul 4, 2010 8:15 PM
Hello: I'm getting rid of my hand down mattress and has been searching for the right matress. My choices are down to sealy posture pedic with pillow top and the original matress orthopedic series. Does anybody have suggestions or opinions in terms of the long term quality of any one of the matress?

Thanks,

Re: Sealy posturepedic vs. The original orthopedic matress.... Any suggestions/experience?
Reply #2 Jul 5, 2010 11:15 PM
you seem to be looking for a traditional innerspring. try to find a local mattress maker. ask them to show you something without polyurethane foam in it and an orthopedic grade strong coil system - open offset, not bonnell. try the beds  out. you will spend a lot less money and come away with a bed much more durable than an S brand. even the high end sealys are now stuffed with a mountain of poly foam, and it just does not last. other brands in their top of the line models do sell mattresses with cotton, wool and latex inside, but you are going to pay through the nose for them - 3 to 5000. for 500 a local mattress maker can build you one to your specific needs. and usually the warranty means something from them, unlike the commercial brands which refuse to honor them in any case. if you have back problems, go for a 12 3/4 gauge open offset coil system, with as many coils as possible in it. 

Recent Posts