New Natural Latex Beds on Sale Now at Costco
Dec 1, 2009 9:33 PM
Hi, I have been looking for a new mattress and when I was researching Latex mattresses I found this site. I had already decided to try a latex mattress before coming here and from what I have read I am more convinced that is what I want. My husband noticed a new latex mattress listed on the Costco site and I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I know it is new, but I thought maybe someone might have some comments that might help. Here are the highlights of the bed components - we would be getting a King size with the foundation and at $1499.99 it seems like a steal. I know we would be sacrificing the ability to customize the firmness on each side but is it worth $1000.00 for that??? Here are the list of latex layers - Four layers of 100% natural latex for unsurpassed comfort: Layer 1 – 1” 19 ILD natural latex – soft layer Layer 2 – 2” of 24 ILD natural latex – medium layer Layer 3 – 4” of 32 ILD natural latex – support layer Layer 4 – 3” of 24 ILD natural latex – medium layer Two mattresses in one! Due to its unique construction, the Sleep Science Natural Comfort Latex Mattress allows you to sleep on either the top or bottom of the mattress. Each side has been engineered for a slightly different feel, one softer than the other. The Sleep Science Natural Latex Mattress is two high quality mattresses in one. The mattress is delivered with layer 1 (softer sleep surface) on the top. For a firmer sleep surface, remove the mattress from the cover, flip the mattress, put the cover back on and enjoy a firmer sleep surface. 100% Natural Latex. Certified by the ECO-INSTITUT as 100% Dunlop processed natural latex. Sleep Science Natural Comfort 10” Latex mattress fits the dimensions of your bed Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633-Federal flammability (open flame) standards Limited Warranty: 20 years against manufacturer defects Hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and dust mite resistant This luxurious, health promoting mattress comes with a beautiful silk blend and micro-suede mattress cover Sleep Science Softness Scale – Soft/Medium on one side and Medium on the other Here is the link if you would like to look at all the info - http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11496053&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|93|4914|4916&N=4001838&Mo=39&pos=0&No=31&ViewAll=40&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4916&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC850-Cat4914&topnav= Thanks again for your help! I am so glad I found this forum! Brenda
Re: New Natural Latex Beds on Sale Now at Costco
Reply #127 Feb 3, 2010 10:44 PM
I know exactly what you mean about rolling to your stomach. It honestly does not happen much on this costco bed for me, but it used to happen a lot with my previous bed+latex topper. I have found that putting a thin layer of memory foam (1") is a big help in reducing the tendency to roll to your stomach. I would definitely give one a try before going through the hassle of returning, especially when you can get them from overstock.com (we got the greenish color 1" model) for well under $100. We are currently using it on top of our Costco latex bed now. it gives me the support I need, without too much rolling, and a little bit extra sink-in, to help reduce pressure on my shoulder. Side note... for anyone suffering from their arms falling asleep, your PILLOW can play a big role in that. try a slightly thicker pillow. If your neck starts to hurt, the pillow is too thick. trick is finding something in the middle :)
This message was modified Feb 3, 2010 by jst4fun
Reply #128 Feb 4, 2010 9:17 AM
i am putting the right temp topper from costco on, will let you know how it works

it is thick, 3 inches, so might be too soft, dont know, it is amazing how much pain i have sleeping on the bellafina tempurpedic, and yet when you lay on them they feel like a million bucks
Reply #129 Feb 4, 2010 9:45 AM
berty wrote:
piercesmom23,

The bed that we have is a Room and Board model that is no longer carried.  Its very similar to the Mackintosh Low Footboard Bed.  The only difference is that the headboard part is curved rather than straight across.  We actually bought the bed before the mattress.  We weren't planning on latex until after the Costco one came out.  The bed is all steel so its rock solid. 

The only problem, and it may be a big problem, is that the metal slats are more than 4.5 inches apart.  I may need to purchase additional slats to prevent the mattress from sinking between them.  When no one is on the mattress, the latex sinks very slightly between the slats.  When I am laid out, the bulge is noticeable.

To view the slat system on the bed, look up the Parsons Bed on the Room and Board site and scroll through the thumbnails.

As for the label, I have no idea.  Maybe the covers for the ones with their foundation are different?

4.5 inches is too far without some support. Not good in the long term

Being that you have good basic support with the metal, you could put something like pegboard on it, this would enable it to still breath and would be more than adequate for spanning the 4.5 inches.

Reply #130 Feb 4, 2010 11:02 AM
I  keep thinking about randys and elaine from Canada. I am in so much pain....they will pick up the Costco latex today and by tonight I will be back on my beloved air bed. My neck hurts so much I can barley stand it. For the 1st time in YEARS I went to the store and bought pain pills. This is a crazy way to live and I know for a fact I'm not crazy. At this point I've tried springs/no springs, mem and latex, I've read for weeks, I'm done and will be back on air tonight! No one is allergic to air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Reply #131 Feb 4, 2010 1:41 PM
fantasticalice wrote:
I  keep thinking about randys and elaine from Canada. I am in so much pain....they will pick up the Costco latex today and by tonight I will be back on my beloved air bed. My neck hurts so much I can barley stand it. For the 1st time in YEARS I went to the store and bought pain pills. This is a crazy way to live and I know for a fact I'm not crazy. At this point I've tried springs/no springs, mem and latex, I've read for weeks, I'm done and will be back on air tonight! No one is allergic to air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

sorry, remember what i am trying, latex bed from costco with the right temp topper from costco, i will be sleeping on it soon and will make sure i let you know

I am sorry you are in pain, life is too short for that, hang in there
Reply #132 Feb 4, 2010 2:49 PM
You bet life is too short for pain espically when you were never in pain before! I have found that latex is not for everyone even though I have a two inch latex topper on for my 1st night back on air. Just want to try it and see if it's what is causing so much pain. I would of never thought that foam could cause pain but only a couple of nights on air will tell me the truth! My daughter had a bf who worked in a foam shop, oh, ten years ago and I remember I couldn't sleep on mem then, I don't know what made me think I could now. At least I didn't buy a $4000 bed! Good luck tonight, I'll be thinking of you! 
Reply #133 Feb 4, 2010 6:27 PM
what is crazy is the first 4 hours i am fine, then it starts to hurt

they didnt pickup the temp today so it will be tomorrow probably before i sleep on the new combo of latex and foam topper
Reply #134 Feb 4, 2010 6:54 PM
randys wrote:
what is crazy is the first 4 hours i am fine, then it starts to hurt

they didnt pickup the temp today so it will be tomorrow probably before i sleep on the new combo of latex and foam topper

randy, are you talking about costco latex mattress?
how does it feel? soft or firm?
what memory foam are you putting on the costco latex mattress? 'Randy do you have low back pain like I do?
does not this costco latex mattress help your low back pain? Thanks randy.
Reply #135 Feb 5, 2010 12:02 AM
fantasticalice wrote:
You bet life is too short for pain espically when you were never in pain before! I have found that latex is not for everyone even though I have a two inch latex topper on for my 1st night back on air. Just want to try it and see if it's what is causing so much pain. I would of never thought that foam could cause pain but only a couple of nights on air will tell me the truth! My daughter had a bf who worked in a foam shop, oh, ten years ago and I remember I couldn't sleep on mem then, I don't know what made me think I could now. At least I didn't buy a $4000 bed! Good luck tonight, I'll be thinking of you! 

I thought you were sleeping on new latex from Overstock 2" piece over a futon and you loved it.  What happen?
Reply #136 Feb 6, 2010 6:11 PM
randys wrote:
i am putting the right temp topper from costco on, will let you know how it works

it is thick, 3 inches, so might be too soft, dont know, it is amazing how much pain i have sleeping on the bellafina tempurpedic, and yet when you lay on them they feel like a million bucks

Randys, I'm really looking forward to how this combination works for you. I know you must be disappointed about the Bellafina not working. You said in another post how TP feels so good compared to everything else... until it hurts. I agree. The TP's feel awesome... and if mine (Cloud Supreme) works I will be too happy, but if not, the combo you're trying right now is my Plan B. I've learned a lot following your posts. So thanks in advance!

Recent Posts