New Natural Latex Beds on Sale Now at Costco
Dec 1, 2009 9:33 PM
Hi, I have been looking for a new mattress and when I was researching Latex mattresses I found this site. I had already decided to try a latex mattress before coming here and from what I have read I am more convinced that is what I want. My husband noticed a new latex mattress listed on the Costco site and I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I know it is new, but I thought maybe someone might have some comments that might help. Here are the highlights of the bed components - we would be getting a King size with the foundation and at $1499.99 it seems like a steal. I know we would be sacrificing the ability to customize the firmness on each side but is it worth $1000.00 for that??? Here are the list of latex layers - Four layers of 100% natural latex for unsurpassed comfort: Layer 1 – 1” 19 ILD natural latex – soft layer Layer 2 – 2” of 24 ILD natural latex – medium layer Layer 3 – 4” of 32 ILD natural latex – support layer Layer 4 – 3” of 24 ILD natural latex – medium layer Two mattresses in one! Due to its unique construction, the Sleep Science Natural Comfort Latex Mattress allows you to sleep on either the top or bottom of the mattress. Each side has been engineered for a slightly different feel, one softer than the other. The Sleep Science Natural Latex Mattress is two high quality mattresses in one. The mattress is delivered with layer 1 (softer sleep surface) on the top. For a firmer sleep surface, remove the mattress from the cover, flip the mattress, put the cover back on and enjoy a firmer sleep surface. 100% Natural Latex. Certified by the ECO-INSTITUT as 100% Dunlop processed natural latex. Sleep Science Natural Comfort 10” Latex mattress fits the dimensions of your bed Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633-Federal flammability (open flame) standards Limited Warranty: 20 years against manufacturer defects Hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and dust mite resistant This luxurious, health promoting mattress comes with a beautiful silk blend and micro-suede mattress cover Sleep Science Softness Scale – Soft/Medium on one side and Medium on the other Here is the link if you would like to look at all the info - http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11496053&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|93|4914|4916&N=4001838&Mo=39&pos=0&No=31&ViewAll=40&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4916&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC850-Cat4914&topnav= Thanks again for your help! I am so glad I found this forum! Brenda
Re: New Natural Latex Beds on Sale Now at Costco
Reply #47 Jan 5, 2010 1:41 PM
engra wrote:

I’ve been a lurker here for a couple months since we started looking for a king mattress.  We decided to go for this Costco Latex Mattress.  I was planning on waiting to post after we’ve slept on it a few nights, but I know the Costco discount ends on Sunday night. 

Order placed 12/7, order shipped 12/14, delivery to house this morning on 1/2. 

We read the only Costco review and they had problems with the delivery.  Based on their experience of the guys snagging and tearing the mattress, we asked if they could leave the mattress in the box until it was in our upstairs bedroom.  Reluctantly, they obliged. This thing was heavy and unwieldy.  My wife really thinks one of the gentlemen delivering this king sized beast might have soiled himself getting this thing up the stairs.

We have a 3” LI Talalay 100% natural topper for my 2 yr old daughter’s bed and I’d say this is a vastly different feel.  We got it from FoamSweetFoam.  The ILD for the “medium” topper was claimed to be 24-28.  For starters this Dunlop mattress is much denser and although the Costco site says the softest part is a 19 ILD, the Talalay seems much softer and springier.  I think the Costco mattress is much firmer than the Talalay topper. 

We ultimately decided to buy the foundation, which I’m happy we did.  It’s actually pretty beefy and will be a much more solid foundation than a box spring in my opinion.  It’s constructed of 1” square steel.  Yes, the plastic “cardboard” that covers the foundation does seem cheap, but I think it serves its purpose in evenly distributing the load across the steel foundation. 

Assuming we sleep well tonight, I intend to get the twin set for my 4 yr old son.

so????  how did you sleep?

I am noticing that my arms are going to sleep on me on my tempupedic...what a shame cuz when you lie down on this baby it is extremely comfy
This message was modified Jan 5, 2010 by randys
Reply #48 Jan 6, 2010 5:17 PM
Ordered mine just before the sale ended.  Hopefully receive ship notice soon.

Can anyone provide the total HEIGHT of the foundation AND mattress?  link doesn't seem to be available on costco site.

And Randy, were you saying your arm is falling asleep with the new latex mattress or only with the tempur?

I'm sure hoping this works, my next option is to try a Tempur Classic or the 14" Celeste from Costco

BTW, any recommendation on a good mattress cover for this?  I assume we want water resistant and thin.

thanks!

Reply #49 Jan 6, 2010 7:44 PM
jst4fun wrote:

Can anyone provide the total HEIGHT of the foundation AND mattress?  link doesn't seem to be available on costco site.

And Randy, were you saying your arm is falling asleep with the new latex mattress or only with the tempur?

I'm sure hoping this works, my next option is to try a Tempur Classic or the 14" Celeste from Costco

BTW, any recommendation on a good mattress cover for this?  I assume we want water resistant and thin.

thanks!

Total height is around 23". 

Reply #50 Jan 6, 2010 7:46 PM
randys wrote:
so????  how did you sleep?

I am noticing that my arms are going to sleep on me on my tempupedic...what a shame cuz when you lie down on this baby it is extremely comfy

We like it a lot.  It is much firmer than you ILDs would leave you to believe, but we like it that way.  We actually ordered the twin version and foundation as well on the last day of the sale.  At the time that was the only one left.

Magically, all sizes were in stock after the sale was over!

Reply #51 Jan 7, 2010 12:55 AM
ugh. does the 23" total height include legs on the foundation or something? I was assuming 10" mattress + ~8" foundation. 23" would be WAY too high on my wooden sleigh bed frame. hoping it is not that tall, but if it is... does anyone have a low profile foundation to recommend? or have experience trying to return just the foundation part of a mattress order to costco? thanks in advance!
Reply #52 Jan 7, 2010 1:29 AM
engra wrote:
We like it a lot.  It is much firmer than you ILDs would leave you to believe, but we like it that way.  We actually ordered the twin version and foundation as well on the last day of the sale.  At the time that was the only one left.

Magically, all sizes were in stock after the sale was over!

I am not seeing them on the website at all now.  Just the memory foam mattresses.
Reply #53 Jan 7, 2010 7:16 PM
jst4fun wrote:
ugh. does the 23" total height include legs on the foundation or something? I was assuming 10" mattress + ~8" foundation. 23" would be WAY too high on my wooden sleigh bed frame. hoping it is not that tall, but if it is... does anyone have a low profile foundation to recommend? or have experience trying to return just the foundation part of a mattress order to costco? thanks in advance!

Don't worry, the 23" includes the legs.  Sorry about that.  The legs are removable.  Just the foundation and mattress are 18". 
This message was modified Jan 7, 2010 by engra
Reply #54 Jan 8, 2010 3:47 AM
perfect, thanks! (18" high will be just right). FYI to others, I placed the order on Jan 2, early sunday morning, and my order says "sent to fulfillment", but I have not heard anything else yet.
Reply #55 Jan 8, 2010 4:45 PM
:( Just got an email from costco... "Thank you for ordering the NATRL CMFRT QUEEN *PROMO* (Item #481909) from Costco.com.   Due to the overwhelming response for this item, there has been a delay in fulfilling your order.  We expect new inventory the first week of March 2010.    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  If you are willing to wait for this item, you do not need to do anything. If this delay is unacceptable, you may cancel this order by responding to this email.   We value you as a customer and appreciate your business. If you should have additional questions and/or concerns, please contact us at customer service or call 1-800-955-2292."
This message was modified Jan 8, 2010 by robd
Reply #56 Jan 8, 2010 6:13 PM
jst4fun wrote:

thanks!

it is happening with the bellafina tempurpedic...cant remember if it happened with the costco/sleep science foam mattress or not...back is killing me, everyday...new bed should be here next week

Recent Posts