New Natural Latex Beds on Sale Now at Costco
Dec 1, 2009 9:33 PM
Hi, I have been looking for a new mattress and when I was researching Latex mattresses I found this site. I had already decided to try a latex mattress before coming here and from what I have read I am more convinced that is what I want. My husband noticed a new latex mattress listed on the Costco site and I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I know it is new, but I thought maybe someone might have some comments that might help. Here are the highlights of the bed components - we would be getting a King size with the foundation and at $1499.99 it seems like a steal. I know we would be sacrificing the ability to customize the firmness on each side but is it worth $1000.00 for that??? Here are the list of latex layers - Four layers of 100% natural latex for unsurpassed comfort: Layer 1 – 1” 19 ILD natural latex – soft layer Layer 2 – 2” of 24 ILD natural latex – medium layer Layer 3 – 4” of 32 ILD natural latex – support layer Layer 4 – 3” of 24 ILD natural latex – medium layer Two mattresses in one! Due to its unique construction, the Sleep Science Natural Comfort Latex Mattress allows you to sleep on either the top or bottom of the mattress. Each side has been engineered for a slightly different feel, one softer than the other. The Sleep Science Natural Latex Mattress is two high quality mattresses in one. The mattress is delivered with layer 1 (softer sleep surface) on the top. For a firmer sleep surface, remove the mattress from the cover, flip the mattress, put the cover back on and enjoy a firmer sleep surface. 100% Natural Latex. Certified by the ECO-INSTITUT as 100% Dunlop processed natural latex. Sleep Science Natural Comfort 10” Latex mattress fits the dimensions of your bed Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633-Federal flammability (open flame) standards Limited Warranty: 20 years against manufacturer defects Hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and dust mite resistant This luxurious, health promoting mattress comes with a beautiful silk blend and micro-suede mattress cover Sleep Science Softness Scale – Soft/Medium on one side and Medium on the other Here is the link if you would like to look at all the info - http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11496053&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|93|4914|4916&N=4001838&Mo=39&pos=0&No=31&ViewAll=40&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4916&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC850-Cat4914&topnav= Thanks again for your help! I am so glad I found this forum! Brenda
Re: New Natural Latex Beds on Sale Now at Costco
Reply #207 Mar 6, 2011 12:22 AM
I recently bought this mattress - the full size.  I received it close to a month ago & the tag indicates it was manufactured in January.  It is difficult for me to wrestle by myself, so I was not able to actually look at the foam layers, but I felt them and from what I could *feel*, there does NOT appear to be a 6 inch layer of polyurethane or other foam - it feels like the 4 layers it is supposed to be.

I also thought I'd mention my experience with IKEA's Sultan Luroy slatted bed base...  I'm not that happy with it -- it is really springy.  I slept on it for one night with my old mattress and it was springy with it, too, so it is definitely not just the jiggly latex, though it is definitely more noticable with the latex.  I don't feel like I sink in unreasonably - the level of support of the mattress is fine, in my opinion, but this particular bed base definitely adds extra spring.  I think I'll be making a trip to the lumber yard in order to get some more substantial slats.  I think that will provide a better foundation in my antique/odd-sized bed.  Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was thinking of the IKEA bed bases.

Reply #208 Mar 14, 2011 7:18 PM
deux wrote:

bump.  has anyone tried the NEW latex mattress from Costco?  Consisting of latex on top of foam?

i took a shot in the dark and ordered it online did so much research and laying on so many mattress i'm just frustrated with the process i'd figure what the hell if i don't like costco has the best return policy.   I just can't afford to spend more than 1500 on a king mattress but i emailed the sleep science here is what they said regardin  the specs.  I did like PLB nature but $2200 for a king is a ripp off IMO considering the times we are in i bet these things cost nearly nothing to make all about supply and demand since "latex" beds are now the IT mattress.  I bet latex matress 5 years ago were significantly cheaper sorry for venting this process is causing me PTSD lol

South bay international says"

comfort layer 

4" inch total layer of dunlop

2" top layer -   Dunlop 19 ILD

2" 2nd layer -  Dunlop 24 ILD

6"  HR Polyurethane base - type  Petroleum based. 1.8 lb polyurethane 32 ILD/IFD

they said it will be here in 5 days hoepfully i made a good choice but if not i can return it "go to love costco"

thoughts?

thanks

Tim

Reply #209 May 15, 2011 8:02 PM
So, what do you think of your new mattress?

Recent Posts