New Natural Latex Beds on Sale Now at Costco
Dec 1, 2009 9:33 PM
Hi, I have been looking for a new mattress and when I was researching Latex mattresses I found this site. I had already decided to try a latex mattress before coming here and from what I have read I am more convinced that is what I want. My husband noticed a new latex mattress listed on the Costco site and I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I know it is new, but I thought maybe someone might have some comments that might help. Here are the highlights of the bed components - we would be getting a King size with the foundation and at $1499.99 it seems like a steal. I know we would be sacrificing the ability to customize the firmness on each side but is it worth $1000.00 for that??? Here are the list of latex layers - Four layers of 100% natural latex for unsurpassed comfort: Layer 1 – 1” 19 ILD natural latex – soft layer Layer 2 – 2” of 24 ILD natural latex – medium layer Layer 3 – 4” of 32 ILD natural latex – support layer Layer 4 – 3” of 24 ILD natural latex – medium layer Two mattresses in one! Due to its unique construction, the Sleep Science Natural Comfort Latex Mattress allows you to sleep on either the top or bottom of the mattress. Each side has been engineered for a slightly different feel, one softer than the other. The Sleep Science Natural Latex Mattress is two high quality mattresses in one. The mattress is delivered with layer 1 (softer sleep surface) on the top. For a firmer sleep surface, remove the mattress from the cover, flip the mattress, put the cover back on and enjoy a firmer sleep surface. 100% Natural Latex. Certified by the ECO-INSTITUT as 100% Dunlop processed natural latex. Sleep Science Natural Comfort 10” Latex mattress fits the dimensions of your bed Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633-Federal flammability (open flame) standards Limited Warranty: 20 years against manufacturer defects Hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and dust mite resistant This luxurious, health promoting mattress comes with a beautiful silk blend and micro-suede mattress cover Sleep Science Softness Scale – Soft/Medium on one side and Medium on the other Here is the link if you would like to look at all the info - http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11496053&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|93|4914|4916&N=4001838&Mo=39&pos=0&No=31&ViewAll=40&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4916&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC850-Cat4914&topnav= Thanks again for your help! I am so glad I found this forum! Brenda
Re: New Natural Latex Beds on Sale Now at Costco
Reply #142 Apr 2, 2010 4:13 AM
Sounds like a great deal. I'm a little hinky about the lack of split layers (for a queen mattress anyway). But good grief, that price is a steal compared to what these things normally sell for. Thanks for the heads up, Thrifty.
Reply #143 Apr 2, 2010 8:33 PM
Unfortunately, for me, needing a twin size, it's really not as great a deal as the larger sizes. The price for a twin is much more, per square foot, than the king size. I'm guessing the extra is for delivery charges...? Don't know if it's really worth the constraints for this size.
This message was modified Apr 2, 2010 by cynicaljones
Reply #144 Apr 3, 2010 12:12 PM
Folks now is the time to jump in and get this bed! We have had ours for 3 1/2 months and it is the best bed we have ever owned. As stated in previous posts, I did a great deal of research and have personally tried many different beds but for the price this is the best value out there. We opted for the foundation which I am glad we did because it is very supportive and the cover matches well with the mattress. All I can say is that it is worth every penny as we are ordering a queen and a twin to go with our king. 
Reply #145 Apr 3, 2010 5:30 PM
cynicaljones wrote:

Unfortunately, for me, needing a twin size, it's really not as great a deal as the larger sizes. The price for a twin is much more, per square foot, than the king size. I'm guessing the extra is for delivery charges...? Don't know if it's really worth the constraints for this size.

The twin is still the best price when compared to Flobeds, Sleepez, SavvyRest, or any other 100% latex bed.

Reply #146 Apr 3, 2010 8:13 PM
KimberlyH wrote:

The twin is still the best price when compared to Flobeds, Sleepez, SavvyRest, or any other 100% latex bed.

You make a good point. Does anyone have pictures or more info on the foundation they are offering with the mattress? Does it come with legs? Or do I need to get a frame somewhere? Does anyone have thos bed, with or without the foundation, on a platform bed? Any other combinations?

Reply #147 Apr 3, 2010 8:52 PM
Barry wrote:

Folks now is the time to jump in and get this bed! We have had ours for 3 1/2 months and it is the best bed we have ever owned. As stated in previous posts, I did a great deal of research and have personally tried many different beds but for the price this is the best value out there. We opted for the foundation which I am glad we did because it is very supportive and the cover matches well with the mattress. All I can say is that it is worth every penny as we are ordering a queen and a twin to go with our king. 

Barry,Do you mind elaborating on the foundation a little more? I am about to purchase the mattress, but I am unsure of the foundation? What is it made of? Steel? Wood? Did you have to put it together or did the delivery compnay put it together?

Thanks

Reply #148 Apr 4, 2010 6:44 PM
cynicaljones wrote:

You make a good point. Does anyone have pictures or more info on the foundation they are offering with the mattress? Does it come with legs? Or do I need to get a frame somewhere? Does anyone have thos bed, with or without the foundation, on a platform bed? Any other combinationi'm

i'm one ot those who bought without thefoundation.  we are using our old box spring with a 3/4 " plyboard and sleeping very comfortably since about 3 months ago.  if you can spare the extra $200 for the foundation, it might be a good investment for aesthetic and possibly other reasons.  we  did some tweaking by flipping the mattress and adding topper, pad  or covers  to adjust to our comfort.  i think this is a good buy any way.

Reply #149 Apr 5, 2010 9:38 AM
The foundation is made of steel and is very strong. It is the exact same size as the box springs so it fits nicely into any exisiting frame. We initially purchased just the mattress but then changed to include the foundation. We like it because it looks nice, is very supportive, and won't collect dust mites etc... The frame was installed at the delivery company's warehouse prior to delivery.
Reply #150 Apr 5, 2010 9:47 AM
I forgot to mention that it does have legs so you don't actually need to use a frame if you don't want to. The legs come in 2 small boxes that we currently have in storage in case our decorating needs change. :)
Reply #151 Apr 5, 2010 10:14 AM
Barry wrote:

The foundation is made of steel and is very strong. It is the exact same size as the box springs so it fits nicely into any exisiting frame. We initially purchased just the mattress but then changed to include the foundation. We like it because it looks nice, is very supportive, and won't collect dust mites etc... The frame was installed at the delivery company's warehouse prior to delivery.

Thanks Barry. One last question, does it make any noises or creaks when u move around on it while sleeping?

Recent Posts