my bed and mattress
Dec 15, 2017 7:27 AM
A year and a half ago I decided to upgrade my bed and mattress (I’m an adult I deserve a queen size bed!). Throughout my life (I’m 33) I slept on firm mattresses. Prior to the upgrade I had the Essential 6 Inch Coil Mattress by Signature Sleep made with CertiPUR-US Certified Foam, 6 Inch Twin Mattress for approximately 3 years. Then I switched to a Hampton and Rhodes HR340 Pillow Top Mattress. The box spring was wooden. Four months later the box spring broke so I replaced it. I also thought a memory foam mattress might be better for me (I can’t remember how I slept on the mattress before the box spring broke), so I switched both and got a HR500 Plush gel infused Cisco foam core mattress with an upgraded box spring (Fossil Semi Box). At first I slept well, but then I started waking up with a sore back. I thought I just needed to adjust to the new mattress and I kept it for almost a year. Then I decided to try a different mattress. So I got the Hampton and Rhodes Misty Creek Pillow top mattress. Again, at first I slept well and then I started waking up with a sore back. I decided I probably needed to go back to a firm mattress so I got the Hampton and Rhodes Copperleaf Luxury Firm mattress. I’ve had this mattress for almost two months, and unfortunately I’m having the same issue. I don’t know if I need to try to find another mattress or if it’s something else. Part of why I wanted something softer was so I could comfortably sleep on my back (I’ve always been a stomach or side sleeper and I heard sleeping on one’s back is better). So I’m not sure if my change in sleep position is why I’ve been experiencing this pain (it’s in the middle of my back). I’m also wondering if it’s a mismatch between my box spring and the mattress. I’ve been going to Mattress Firm for my mattresses and exchanges. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
This message was modified Oct 28, 2017 by AchySleeper
Re: my bed and mattress
Reply #2 Jul 8, 2018 12:04 PM
Sure, I will agree with peaprincess, What type of sleep do you prefer? Are you a back sleeper or hot sleeper or side sleeper, it's important to identify this before choosing any mattress.
This message was modified Jul 9, 2018 by a moderator

Recent Posts