mattress pros please educate me about-BOX SPRINGS vs FOUNDATION
Oct 2, 2008 4:01 PM
I recently ordered an Aireloom Danielle full mattress and low profile box springs from Mancini Sleep World and expect it to be delivered next week. One thing though, I can't seem to get a straight answer and have called two other stores with the same question.- I plan to put this boxspring and mattress in a framed bed (not a platform). I assumed I was buying a REAL boxsprings that has steel inside. One Mancini salesman told me that the standard sized boxsprings and low  platform boxsprings both have steel in them, but the 31/2" platform choice does not. (I ordered the low profile 5 1/2", not  platform) A different store Mancini salesman says NONE of the boxsprings actually have steel in them anymore-just wood. He says all the "boxsprings" are made like this now and are called "foundations".  What's the real story and should I worry because this bed will have to support a 200lb man and I sure as heck don't want to be out there shopping for another mattress in a few years.

CaMom

Re: mattress pros please educate me about-BOX SPRINGS vs FOUNDATION
Reply #6 Oct 27, 2008 5:49 PM
I did contact the store...they didn't care.  Told me to deal directly with the manufacturer.   Later, my husband dropped by and told them just how made they'd made me.  I'd had two bad Restonic mattesses prior to that and had flatly told them that their product had better be superior.  HA.  Never again.  Never.
Kait

Recent Posts