Mattress buying advice
Sep 14, 2012 4:23 PM

Hello,
    I am in the market to buy a new mattress. I am not sure in any way how to evaluate different mattresses. The only way I know is to go to a store and evaluate it by sleeping on it. I am a back sleeper but I don't like firm mattresses. I like plush or pillowtop mattresses. I definitely feel an adjustable base makes a difference but was wondering if it will reduce the life of the mattress. Can you give me some parameters with respect what I should look for in a good mattress. Right now I am just seeing which mattress is most cheap and I can comfortably sleep on. Mancini's sleepword in San Jose is giving me a good deal right now. Anything negative against the store?
Re: Mattress buying advice
Reply #3 Sep 18, 2012 12:41 PM
You should choose the mattress that provides adequate support and meets your standards for comfort and allows you to get a good night's sleep. The most important factor in choosing a bed mattress  is comfort and contrary to popular myth, a mattress doesn’t have to be hard to be good for you. As long as it has a good supporting structure, the amount of padding on top is down to personal preference.

Best wishes,
Michael
Reply #4 Sep 18, 2012 8:55 PM
Do some research on pillowtops.  They don't last.  They use cheap foam.  Keep looking.  
Reply #5 Sep 19, 2012 6:03 PM
I would like to go for a Simmons Beauty Rest Haynes Way Plush Pillow top adjustable base + Ergomotion adjustable base. Was wondering as to what is the lowest I can ask a mattress store to quote for that combo. Can I get one in the $1500-1700 range

Recent Posts