inexpensive foundation for latex?
Mar 21, 2010 3:36 AM
We need to find a better foundation for our ca king latex mattress - our current frame doesn't have a center support.  Flobeds has a foundation with its own legs that would fit inside our current frame, but we'd like to find something a little less expensive (the mattress itself kind of soaked up the budget). 

Anybody have any suggestions?  Either a slat structure or a flat platform would be fine as long as it supported the weight of the mattress on it's own.  I've looked at those metal frame things ('better than a boxspring', etc) sold by Target and Walmart and I don't think those look like a great idea.

Linda

Re: inexpensive foundation for latex?
Reply #37 Jun 3, 2010 12:38 AM
Very impressive and awesome looking, and so glad it's working out for you, laredo7! Thanks for sharing this valuable info with everyone.

Do the 1" x 4" slats seem solid and supportive (no sag)?

I'm probably going to stick with my Wally World platform (since I've already purchased it) covered with 1" Lux foam skin or 1/8" hardboard. (It's still unopened, though... still waiting for a few of my mattress components to arrive.) Otherwise I'd consider building your foundation. I kinda like that idea, actually... would make my whole project "home brew". Well, I guess I will be assembling the Wally platform myself, so a bit of consolation there! smiley

This message was modified Jun 3, 2010 by pianoman

Recent Posts