I still love my mattress (after a year)!
Sep 8, 2007 10:40 PM
Since I went through many mattresses in a very short time, it seems remarkable to me that after a year of sleeping on my mattress I'm still completely happy with it. I used to post (and read) a lot on the forum, and remember after a lot of discussion and general dissatisfaction it was agreed that a possible solution was to buy a fairly firm mattress and top it with something cushy that could be replaced later if necessary.

That's basically what I did. I bought a mattress with extra lumbar support from Lemoyne Sleeper (a small manufacturer who presumably uses decent materials) and topped it first with an inch of memory foam and then with an inch of latex. Both topppers were purchased from Overstock for not very much money.

It's a queen bed, and yes, the side I sleep on has developed a bit of a body impression--but not enough to make me uncomfortable the way the previous mattresses did. Sometimes, when I think of it, I sleep on the other side just to try to keep things balanced. But I don't do that very often. Nor do I turn the mattress as often as I should. It's not an easy job for one person. But still, the mattress is holding up well and feels great. Ditto the toppers.

Hey, what is this dreadful font? On my screen it looks as though pieces of it are missing. No fun trying to read it.

Alisande
Re: I still love my mattress (after a year)!
Reply #4 Aug 10, 2019 6:16 AM
It's been 5 years I am using my mattress and I still love it after these many years.
Reply #5 Nov 15, 2019 3:44 AM
"my mattress has lasted me over 7 years, " Surely you need a new mattress after 7 years?
Reply #6 Nov 15, 2019 8:25 AM
Found some information for you Mr_Otero, you should really look to change your mattress around 9 years according to this https://www.gobeds.co.uk/blog/how-long-does-a-mattress-last/
This message was modified Nov 22, 2019 by guardian911
Reply #7 Nov 24, 2019 8:26 AM
Long time I also have been looking for the best mattress.  Finally I did the same things as you and still satisfied
This message was modified Nov 24, 2019 by a moderator

Recent Posts