Help finding a mattress for my apparently strange needs.
Dec 26, 2019 7:07 PM
So, I've been searching for the right mattress for me for a few years now. I have hip and back problems, so I need a good amount of support for the hip area, but I am a side sleeper and get bad shoulder pain so need something that is also very soft on my shoulders. Yes, I have tried becoming a back sleeper but I always end up on my side in my sleep even if I can manage to fall asleep on my back. I have yet to find something thats right for me.
I have tried the following:
Nectar mattress (too firm, great for my hips but terrible for my shoulders)
The Brentwood Oceano (far firmer than I was expecting based on the description. Fine for the hips but too firm for my shoulders again. They sent a topper to try, but it was still not quite enough for the shoulders while also making it a little too soft on the hips)
The Nest Alexander Hybrid (The closest so far, was great for my shoulder but a little too soft for my hips, at the time they only had one firmness which was the medium)

I'm not quite sure where to go from here. I am considering the Zoned mattress by Brooklyn Bedding, but there aren't a lot of reviews on it so I've been unsure.
The Casper wave I want to try but its out of my price range.
Any other possibilities or suggestions for me to look into? Thanks
Re: Help finding a mattress for my apparently strange needs.
Reply #1 Jan 27, 2020 12:02 PM
Mattresses on sale online. Searching for a mattress online is a great idea. First, there is a lot of competition between online retailers that help to ensure that the price remains low. Often, in an attempt to gain your business, these online retailers will even offer free shipping on your purchase.

Recent Posts