Hastens - Yay or Nay
Feb 25, 2008 2:28 PM
I dunno if it's the horsehair topper or the mattress/spring bedspring combo but it's a winner !

Whatever it is, I like it more than the Dux or Shifmans I tried
Love both the 2000T and Excelisor . The 2000T is like instant comfort and the Excelisor takes about 30 seconds for the comfort factor to sink in.....at a $8000 discount.

For those who have been in the same boat.....what other alternatives should I be looking it.
At this point, let's say 12 years at $1333 cost per year out of life of a good mattress, I'm willing to do that .....
Re: Hastens - Yay or Nay
Reply #22 Mar 21, 2008 9:30 PM
I used to post on this forum alot, but haven't for awhile.  I still say Nay to Hastens despite all the claims about the bed.   The fact that their mattresses are so outrageously priced, way over the budget of the average American, confirms my feelings about their mattresses.  And even though the materials are natural, the fact is pocket sprung mattresses are not for everyone.  They can be very firm.   Also, the wool and horsehair can be an allergy problem for people with skin sensitivities.  I made sure to try out the Hastens (and Carpediem mattresses) last summer when I knew I"d be wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts.  What I discovered is that after lying on the topper for five minutes, I got very very itchy.  And it happened in two separate stores.

What I would do is what confused bedbug did.  As long as it feels comfortable in the store, I'd buy the topper and try it out first.   If you are not allergic to wool or horsehair and you like the springy feel, I think the addition of the topper would be a plus for any mattress. 

I finally found the perfect bed combination and I'm very happy and sleeping well.  It will surprise everyone though.

BonnieBeth

Recent Posts