First night on celsion topper. Stage II (the bed)
Mar 30, 2010 2:59 PM
Purchased a 2” Celsion topper and zippered terry cloth cover from sleeplikeabear.com.

It was delivered yesterday and here are my impressions:

• Quality is about what I’ve seen from posted photos of latex on this forum. A few missing bits. seamed in approx center(king size)
  • Smelled frown. My wife being allergic to almost everthing I worried about putting it on the bed right away but after returning from the YMCA we changed the sheet and put it on under the bottom fitted sheet (tight fit!)
  • Smell didn’t bother either of us during sleep
  • Hard to get into terry cover, ended up getting it as best I could then flipping over so zippered edge on bottomindecision.
  • Both enjoyed the cushioning
  • My wife thought it was cooler than before without.
    • Temps are projected to be high 60’s low 70’s later this week
  • Did not notice partners moving / re-positioning during the night

We plan on sleeping in this configuration for a while then will decide on next move …I’ll post any revelations “we” observe.

Previous posted

Need latex mattress help Please
Original Message   Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

This message was modified Apr 8, 2010 by rjb772
Re: First night on celsion topper. Stage II (the bed)
Reply #23 Apr 22, 2010 10:03 AM
Well my wife and I decided we wouldn't change a thing! Both of us are very comfortable with the setup of XF/XF/F and the celsion replacing the convoluted topper.

Today we put the old Serta Perfect Night out for garbage pickup.

Very very satisfied.

Reply #24 Apr 22, 2010 11:49 AM
rjb772, Thank you for sharing your experience with the bed.  What I like is that a topper of choice does fit inside the zippered cover.  I am so glad that you wife and you got the set up right the first time and Dewey was able to find X-Firm ILD's on the higher side for you.  I love sleeping on my latex bed (a FloBed like yours but I have a different topper and not the convoluted topper that many people love but I wanted only a 1" cushion on top) and I am glad you and your wife are getting the same comfort and wonderful sleeping experience.
Reply #25 Apr 22, 2010 12:12 PM
rjb772 wrote:

Well my wife and I decided we wouldn't change a thing! Both of us are very comfortable with the setup of XF/XF/F and the celsion replacing the convoluted topper.

Today we put the old Serta Perfect Night out for garbage pickup.

Very very satisfied.

Are you going to return the convoluted topper?  I think they may refund you something for it.

Reply #26 Apr 22, 2010 3:54 PM
Sandman, he said he was going to use it over the guest beds, cut in half.

Congratulations RJB on your mattress success.  Do you have a thread with what you setup and your age/weight info for reference for future buyers (perhaps me)?  I see you got natural talalay F/XF/XF.  But do you have any ailments like bursitis in the hip?  I am so wishing this would help me, but I have my doubts.

Again congrats.

Reply #27 Apr 22, 2010 7:09 PM
Leo3

First posted Need latex mattress help Please
Original Message   Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

My wife and I don't really have any "structural" ailments. We've been going to the YMCA since January (Christmas present from us to us) and I have been losing weight steadily, My wife is having a harder time sheading pounds even though she exercises much more than I do.i've told her the it's the fact that muscle burns fat faster and men are naturally more muscular.

We do have the "normal" aging aches and pains from overdoing ( we both still think & act younger than our years). My wife has the dreaded Menopause symptoms and for me I joke that the proverbial Lynch pin fell out when I turned 55. Thank God my wife kept me in relatively good shape because I needed every advantage I could. My extra weight came from being sedintary in between the numerous surgerys to get that darn pin back in.

Recent Posts