Best combination of quality and price for Latex
Oct 4, 2009 10:31 PM
I've been reading this site for a couple of days and have done several searches.  It seems that Flobed and Sleep Ez come out on top for clearly stating what goes into their latex beds, using quality products and having prices better than the name brands.  I'm looking for opinions to confirm that or other recommendations.  My preference would be to purchase local, but it seems that the consensus is that most name brands use inferior foam in their latex mattresses. 

Thanks, JohnS

Re: Best combination of quality and price for Latex
Reply #9 Oct 13, 2009 7:31 AM
John,

Have you been able to get out and actually try any latex mattresses?  If you can, I'd suggest you do a net search for local companies selling latex mattresses and try them out.  I was able to find two within driving distance and tried both a Dunlop and a Talalay latex mattress.  IMO they have quite a different feel from each other, and I did not like the feel of the Dunlop processed latex, although obviously some people do.

I just ordered a Flobed, which is arriving Thursday, and although the current sale is on blended Talalay latex beds, they are having a sale on the 100% natural Talalay latex beds in a few weeks and will honor the sale price now.  When I ordered mine, I waffled a bit on this but then just told Dewey to go ahead and send me the blended.

Whatever you do, just be sure you order from a company that has a good policy for exchanging layers as well as a good return policy!
Re: Best combination of quality and price for Latex
Reply #10 Oct 13, 2009 10:33 AM
thanks, for the responses.  I actually did try a couple at a Jordan's furniture store in Nashua, NH.  They were by nature's rest and Natura.  Both were nice.  I posted on them in another thread.  I read the other thread about dunlop quality and it seemd that selelrs of latex Green said it was best and sellers who got it from the other manufacturer said theirs was best and the other was junk.  Not really a scientific or even unbiased comparison. 

Savvy sells locally (Milford, NH) through a chiropractor's office, but they don't even answer their phone, just tell you to leave a message.   

JohnS

Recent Posts