Questions re plushbeds and also re adjustable-slat design bed frame
Jul 24, 2013 8:12 AM
It might be time for a new bed.

For the past several years I've been sleeping on a bowed-wood slatted "foundation" from IKEA and 1" of a very firm HD foam on the bottom followed by 3" of pretty firm Dunlop latex and 2" of medium natural Talalay on top. I've tried various additions/ subtractions but this is what has worked most often. (Sometimes I've used 1"of memory foam on top, and/or a thick wool mattress pad.) But I usually end up taking those off after some time and going back to the basic design above. However recently it seems to have lost its comfort for me.

I think the weak link is the IKEA bowed wood base as it has probably gotten worn out over time. Or else it's just my back acting up again in which case NO mattress will really help.

I am thinking of either buying something like the Botanical Bliss from Plushbeds (because it seems like a solid-ly conceived mattress with quality components at a good price) or maybe just a new slatted wood base but one that is adjustable in terms of firmness (like those ones where you can slant the slats for more or less firmness).

Okay, so my specific questions are:

1) Has anyone had any experience with returning or exchanging a mattress at plushbeds.com? (just in case I buy it and don't like it)

2) Has anyone tried the Botanical Bliss specifically or do you recall any reviews of it here?

3) Can anyone recommend a not-too-expensive slatted wood base that has a firmness-adjustable design? (that is to say, one can adjust the firmness; I don't mean "adjustable mattress" in the sense of raising the head or legs etc.; just a flat base with slats that are adjustable for firmness)

Thanks.

This message was modified Jul 24, 2013 by jimsocal

Recent Posts