Problem w/ memoryfoam.com
Nov 3, 2007 12:51 AM
Oh, do I wish I'd found this new forum sooner. I was a member of Mark's Sleep Forum before.  I decided to purchase a bed from memoryfoam.com, even though Mark had left the company.  Yesterday, I realized that the website was gone and I had been billed. I'm trying to get refunded by Visa at this point.

Where do I go for the products that they used to offer?  Support foams, Latex layers, etc.? 

Does anyone ever hear from Mark?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Froggy
Re: Problem w/ memoryfoam.com
Reply #1 Nov 3, 2007 9:04 AM
Mark posts as Batman here.  He shows up once in a while.

The same thing happened to me at memoryfoam.com  Citibank reversed the charges.  Creative Cushion Company hired a third party customer service organization to do their front end work.  That didn't pan out too well for them......  It is a shame.

I don't know where to find 44 ILD talalay anymore.  For less expensive foams you can try foambymail.com

Good luck to you.

Reply #2 Nov 6, 2007 5:10 AM
If you are looking for a good night's sleep, proper sleep posture is everything. Your mattress should help you obtain the proper posture for your position.
Sorry for the issues as of late.  Memoryfoam.com is going through some changes again.  Steve Thomas from Allied Aerofoam is in charge of memoryfoam.com now and he is working hard to get everything back online.  You can contact him at sthomas@alliedaerofoam.com if you have any questions about billing, customer service or merchandise not shipped.  Steve is a great guy and will do what it takes to keep everyone happy and memoryfoam.com flowing during this transitional phase.
Reply #3 Nov 6, 2007 1:28 PM
Thanks for the information Batman! It's great to see you're still around.
Reply #4 Nov 6, 2007 2:40 PM
If you are looking for a good night's sleep, proper sleep posture is everything. Your mattress should help you obtain the proper posture for your position.
Glad I could help.
This message was modified Nov 7, 2007 by a moderator
Reply #5 Dec 5, 2007 10:18 AM
Batman,

If you're there, could you please provide another contact name and email address at Allied Aerofoam.  The email I sent to sthomas@alliedaerofoam.com bounced back to me.  I subsequently emailed Alan Rash but he hasn't replied.  I am awaiting a refund check that is owed to me from memoryfoam.com for products that I purchased and returned during the Creative Cushion Company era.  For those who don't know, Creative Cushion Company's parent company, SageRyder, filed for bankruptcy earlier this year.  Apparently there is a long line of people expecting refunds from any one of the various SageRyder subsidiaries or divisions.  It's a real shame that Allied Aerofoam would contract with a company like this just as it was about to go under.  Naturally, a voicemail I left for Grant Hill of SageRyder has gone unreturned. 

For those in a similar situation as me, I thought you might find the following interesting -- it's from SageRyder in response to a customer who has threatened to sue to get his money back.  I found it on the web.

"Hello, I do regret to inform you that as of July 25th, our company has filed for a chapter 11 bankruptcy. You are in line for a refund, however until we get authorization from the court system we will be unable to give you that refund. You will be getting your money back and the federal government is going to be making sure of that, but as to the date you will be receiving that we do not know. Once the court tells us when we can start refunding people we will be sending out e-mails to all of our customers that this pertains to giving them the date by which they will get their money. I have been informed that you are going to be pursuing legal actions against us and I need to ask you to refrain from doing so because we are actually working with the court systems right now to get everyone refunded. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, if you would like to talk with the courts our federal case number is 07-71667 and we filed in the Atlanta court system. You can get with the court system in your area and they will be able to either get in touch with the Atlanta court system or they can give you the number so you can do so yourself. Thank you for your patience and have a great day."

Reply #6 Dec 9, 2007 10:55 AM

Unfortunately I cannot comment.

Please keep us posted.

This message was modified Dec 9, 2007 by Batman
Reply #7 Feb 6, 2008 6:02 PM
Marcvdp,

where, may I ask, did you find the quote from SageRyder?  Have you pursued any other avenues?  I am in the same situation with a return made in May that was never refunded.  I must decide whether or not to file suit in the Atlanta Magistrate Court system.  Thanks!

Reply #8 Feb 6, 2008 7:05 PM
I will never work with a company again that is under chapter 11. I did CPA work (was given advance checks post dated to show me I would be paid..... not true I learned... of course the lawyer was paid up front and knew how to protect himself... I learned to work for the lawyer and no the client if I ever take this chance again but I doubt I will ever take this chance) for a company that owned several stores over 13 years ago and I was told by the lawyer the owner hired when he protected himself against creditors using Chapter 11 Reorganization, that the court would pay me in full. I had to return all checks I received and I got paid nothing when one of the creditors forced the owner to go chapter 7 since the creditor knew that his company had a secured lien against the equipment and he did not want a partial payment in settlement.  Never again will I hire a temp. agency (needed more workers to help me meet the court deadline for financial data and tax returns done) and work hours on end for several week to get past returns done thinking I was going to be paid well. I lost a lot of money and I am just warning others that a company in Chapter 11 could be forced to go into chapter 7 which is liquidation and then the secured creditors are paid first with the unsecured creditors paid last if and only if there is any money left.

Recent Posts