Pranasleep's Vinyasa mattress
Oct 4, 2007 5:48 AM

Has anyone lately tried Pranasleep's Vinyasa  mattress?

Thanks!

Re: Pranasleep's Vinyasa mattress
Reply #1 Oct 4, 2007 7:45 AM
We actually just purchased one and it will be delivered tomorrow!  We went with the middle one...not the firm and not the super plush and I must say, I'm still super nervous about it.  This whole mattress buying thing has been two years of overwhelming stress...but knowing I can exchange it if necessary makes me fel a little better.  I'll let you know how it is after I've given it a trial run!
Reply #2 Jan 7, 2008 11:18 PM
Just  an update on the Vinyasa....really wanted to love this mattress, but after a three month trial, decided all-latex just wasn't for us.  Neither my husband nor I ever felt comfortable on it...it seemed at once too firm, yet as a stomach sleeper, did not seem to support my hips and I ended up with a sway back feeling and subsequent back pain in the morning.  We used our comfort exchange to upgrade to Prana's Kama line featuring innerspring with latex comfort layer as well as Euro slat foundation.  We went with the Tantra, http://www.kamasleep.com/tantra.html, and though it's only been a couple days, I'm finding it much more comfortable.  Supportive yet soft enough, and no back issues as of yet. 

I can't say enough about City Mattress...they were super knowlegeable and patient with us without ever being overbearing or pushy.  They also waived the one hundered dollar return fee, and even though they only allow one comfort exchange, our salesman stressed that they would work with us if this one doesn't work out for us either. 

Will report back after a longer trial but am keeping my fingers crossed that this is finally "the one"!

Kat

Reply #3 Jan 10, 2008 12:19 PM
Pranasleep sounds OK, but remember that advantage of latex is that you can assemble the same mattress yourself from just a few parts. Talatech latex runs roughly $75-80/inch twin size (maybe roughly $450 for a 3" king topper). And covers can be found anywhere from $150-$300, or more). Easy to find. You can put together a nice king sized 8-9" latex mattress for around $1500. If you're paying a lot more than that, you're paying more than necessary. As far as the latex over coil-- sounds nice, but if others want to go that route, much, much, much cheaper to buy a decent firm coil mattress, and a separate latex topper. And just as comfortable.

Recent Posts