plushbeds (plushbeds.com) mattresses? Original Mattress Factory Latex?
Feb 15, 2010 12:24 AM
Hi folks,

My wife and I are looking to spend up to $2500 on a king or queen (pref. king) latex mattress and foundation.  We have looked at all the usual culprits and while we were initially looking at a Tempurpedic we got frightened out of it with all the bad feedback we've read online.  We began looking at Latex because of this forum (thanks!)  

That said, we liked the Original Mattress Factory and their Latex Mattress (http://originalmattressfactory.com/products_and_prices/mattresses_and_box_springs/foam_and_latex_mattresses.aspx) and we were quite pleased with it.  The challenge being that it has some PU foam at the top and bottom as it is dual sided and flippable.

I then looked at Flobeds, but it seemed they were about $2800 for an all natural king with foundation. 

The last place I found was plushbeds.com which claims to have an 8" all natural Talalay process mattress (http://www.plushbeds.com/All-Natural-Latex-MattressII-p-90.html?features).  I am curious what the ILD is on the foam, and whether it is from Latex International.  Other than that, any thoughts on this one?

-Trevor
Re: plushbeds (plushbeds.com) mattresses? Original Mattress Factory Latex?
Reply #11 Jul 5, 2010 2:22 PM
cynicaljones wrote:

I agree. And same with dust mites. It's the fabric. That said, you could buy a cover from from SleepEZ or FloBeds to replace the cover on any used latex bed you might find.

True enough, but I still wouldn't bring a used mattress into my house without encasing it in a bedbug-proof encasement (e.g. Allerzip by Protect-a-bed).  No, I'm not shilling for the company - I have just witnessed what my stepdaughter is going through and wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Unfortunately, her sister-in-law brought them in her luggage off a cruise ship.  You can be the best housekeeper in the world and still get blind-sided like she did.

Reply #12 Jul 5, 2010 3:36 PM
DianeK wrote:

I have just witnessed what my stepdaughter is going through and wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Unfortunately, her sister-in-law brought them in her luggage off a cruise ship.  You can be the best housekeeper in the world and still get blind-sided like she did.

Yuck! *shudder*

This message was modified Jul 5, 2010 by cynicaljones
Reply #13 Feb 14, 2011 4:40 PM
cheekyI bought a FLOBEDS!  The price seemed high but the customer service after the sale confirmed my decision.  Dewey has been marvelous to work with as I made my numerous decisions.  The bottom line is that my wife and I both like a much firmer bed than their "calculator" indicated, as well as the normal firmness sold at Plushbeds and other places.  I am 300 lbs. and my bed was perfect at XXXFirm 3" base, XFirm 3" mid and Firm 3" top layer plus their normal very, very soft convoluted 2" topper.  My wife is 130 lbs. and she loves her side at XFirm, MedFirm, Firm plus the topper.  I believe that FLOBEDS has the right idea with 3 layer plus the super soft Talalay Latex topper.  Dewey tells me that this convoluted (egg crate) topper starts out as 24 ILD and the convolution makes it feel like a 12 ILD.  Plushbeds did not even know what convoluted foam was and could not compare theirs to the FLOBED product.

Bottom line:  I have been sleeping on my new FLOBEDS bed for nearly a year now and can not even imagine sleeping on a typical mattress anymore.  'nuff said!

Recent Posts