Plushbeds, Inc - latex toppers
Jan 20, 2010 11:41 AM
Has anyone heard of a bed company called www.Plushbeds.com ? 

They are significantly cheaper for latex toppers  with a 100.00 off right now.
Re: Plushbeds, Inc - latex toppers
Reply #1 Jan 20, 2010 10:35 PM
I just checked out their website and I would not buy from them.

They don't state the ILD firmness of their latex toppers.   The warranty is only a "5 year limited warranty".    The price of a 3 inch queen topper without the cover is $379 AFTER the sale price.      Just to compare......"FoamSweetFoam" has a queen size 100% natural Talalay latex topper for $400. with a "30 year warranty" and you can select from four firmness levels.       BTW, I bought one of the FoamSweetFoam toppers in "medium" and am loving it so far.   I put it over another latex mattress that I had purchased elsewhere which was too firm.   (sound like your situation)

Reply #2 Jan 21, 2010 12:16 AM
markbnh1 wrote:

They don't state the ILD firmness of their latex toppers.   The warranty is only a "5 year limited warranty".    The price of a 3 inch queen topper without the cover is $379 AFTER the sale price.      Just to compare......"FoamSweetFoam" has a queen size 100% natural Talalay latex topper for $400. with a "30 year warranty" and you can select from four firmness levels.       BTW, I bought one of the FoamSweetFoam toppers in "medium" and am loving it so far.   I put it over another latex mattress that I had purchased elsewhere which was too firm.   (sound like your situation)

Mark: I am curious. What did your Foam Sweet Foam piece of Talalay looked like. Did it have any imperfections in it. Were there any discolorations, small rips or tars? Or did the piece look absolutely pristine and flawless? I am curious because I don't recall reading any responses from folks who have purchased from them before. They seem to be a quality, first line, old-time company.

Thanks for your response..
Reply #3 Jan 21, 2010 7:40 AM
Eagle,

It looked absolutely pristine......white in color, no rips, tears, uneven corners, or any other imperfections.   It also had that "sweet odor" (very slight) that folks report with new natural latex.   Of course it had one seam due to the "Queen size" piece.   As I understand it, Latex International's molds have not been large enough in the past to do Queen size in one pouring (they may soon).   The latex was folded in about 1/8ths, packed in plastic bag with some air removed, taped, then packed in a cardboard box.   Weight was 41 lbs.   When opened, it went to full size immediately with no indentations or flat spots.

This was my first and only order from FoamSweetFoam but they seemed very good to deal with.  Shipped promptly and billed properly.  I never did find out if they allow any free swaps on a topper.   They allow just ONE layer exchange on their mattresses....unlike Flobeds which is unlimited for 90 days.

This message was modified Jan 21, 2010 by markbnh1
Reply #4 Jan 21, 2010 8:42 AM
Thanks Mark....I never would have looked at those details...and now in the future I can !!
Reply #5 Jan 21, 2010 1:05 PM
markbnh1 wrote:
Eagle,

It looked absolutely pristine......white in color, no rips, tears, uneven corners, or any other imperfections.   It also had that "sweet odor" (very slight) that folks report with new natural latex.   Of course it had one seam due to the "Queen size" piece.   As I understand it, Latex International's molds have not been large enough in the past to do Queen size in one pouring (they may soon).   The latex was folded in about 1/8ths, packed in plastic bag with some air removed, taped, then packed in a cardboard box.   Weight was 41 lbs.   When opened, it went to full size immediately with no indentations or flat spots.

This was my first and only order from FoamSweetFoam but they seemed very good to deal with.  Shipped promptly and billed properly.  I never did find out if they allow any free swaps on a topper.   They allow just ONE layer exchange on their mattresses....unlike Flobeds which is unlimited for 90 days.

Thank you Mark for the information. I am not surprised at your report. Foam Sweet Foam has always impressed me as a first-class operation. While they do not have the same exchange and return policy as a FlowBeds, still their pricing and methodology of doing business seems to me to be first-class.

There prices are less than Flobeds but there return and exchange policys are not as good. Here is there deal.

"30 Day Exchange - Our goal is that you buy a mattress that is comfortable. Within 30 days of the invoice date, you may exchange one latex layer of the mattress - one time. We will pay for the freight charges of the exchanged layer. The customer is responsible for packaging and paying for freight charges of the returned item back to Foam Sweet Foam. Custom Items may not be exchanged.

60 Day Return - Within 60 days of the invoice date, you may return the purchase. There is an 18% return fee for any returned item. The customer is responsible for packaging and shipping charges back to Foam Sweet Foam. To receive credit, you must return all items listed on the invoice, including promotional items. Products not returned will be billed. All items must be returned in factory new condition. Custom Items may not be returned.

After 60 Days - No item may be returned or exchanged after 60 days.

Defective Products - If you receive a product that is defective, it will be replaced. Foam Sweet Foam will not refund the purchase price for the return of a defective product. You must notify us of the defective product within 10 days of the invoice date."

There best mattress is  $2599.00 for a 4 layer Cal. King mattress. To return this mattress (18% return fee) would cost $467.82 plus shipping.

But if you can get the firmness level right the first time, it looks like a great deal to me.

This message was modified Jan 25, 2010 by eagle2
Reply #6 Jan 21, 2010 2:43 PM
sleepez has the 3" Queen for $392 natural Talalay or $357 natural Dunlop, plus $49 shipping.
Rockymountainmattress has it for $320 including shipping! $40 for a cover. By far the cheapest price and don't quote me but I'm pretty sure they told me they were L.I. for Talalay and Latex Green for Dunlop, as is SleepEZ.
Reply #7 Jan 21, 2010 3:03 PM
Yes, rockymountainmattress has  good prices, especially on 2 & 3" 100% natural talalay (by latex international) and dunlop (by latex green).  No sales tax or shipping cost, and usually there is a 5% of coupon you can use for them.

They only stock 2 levels of firmness in each (more on the soft to medium side).   However, they told me once they could get others on request.  I don't think toppers can be returned to them though, so you need to know for sure what you want.

Reply #8 Nov 21, 2010 1:31 AM
markbnh1 wrote:

hi I just called their number (1 888 449 5738 ) and asked about the ILD firmness of their latex topper and the representative told me it was between 22-26 (the average customer's preference). He said I could custom order a firmer one (same price) but wouldn't recommend it as most customers feel they are too firm. so with the sale right now the toppers a little cheaper but you can't return it and less of a warranty.

Reply #9 Nov 21, 2010 4:21 AM
Here's a few talalay latex topper choices for reference. These are all 3" and quoted in queen size.

Blended Talalay:

http://www.sleeplikeabear.com/product/TX-03-QN  $441 LI Blended Talalay. No cover. Natural and Celsion available for more. Widest selection of ILD's. Free Shipping

http://www.mattresses.net/rejuvenite-queen-talalay-latex-mattress-topper.html  $349 LI Rejuvenite Blended Talalay. Premium cover. Natural Talalay available for more. Plus Shipping

http://www.sleepez.com/latex-mattress-pads.htm  $420 LI Blended Talalay. Stretch velour cover. Natural Talalay available for more. Free Shipping  On Ebay for $395 Returns?

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=10340594&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|93|1924&N=4008990&Mo=10&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=4257&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=  $329.99 ? Blended Talalay. Premium cover. Made in Canada so could be Dunlopillo? Free Shipping

http://www.foambymail.com/LatexTQueen.html  $328.98 Blended Talalay. Terry cloth cover. Covers ordered separately. Some question if they ship what they advertise. Made in Europe so likely Radium? Free Shipping

http://www.myfoammattress.com/products/latex_topper_pads.html  $305 LI Blended Talalay. No cover. Free Shipping

http://www.livingincomfort.com/mm34378.html  $399 LI Rejuvenite Blended Talalay. Premium cover. Free Shipping

Natural Talalay:

http://www.plushbeds.com/natural-latex-topper-mattress-pad-p-106.html  $429 Says Natural Talalay but the descriptions sounds more like Dunlop? I have my doubts. No cover. Free Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Latex-Foam-Topper-Mattress-Pad/dp/B003EI9UPG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290326543&sr=8-2  $349 Plushbeds on Amazon for less. No cover. $41.99 Shipping. Could these be returns?

http://www.stlbeds.com/3inch-mattress-topper-plb.html  $389.99  LI Natural Talalay. Premium cover. Free Shipping

http://www.selectfoam.com/latex-foam-toppers.html  $399 ? Natural Talalay. No cover. Free Shipping

You will also find 3" Talalay toppers on Ebay ... including some who sell factory seconds for quite a bit less.

There are quite a few other sources available but I didn't include them either because they were higher than these in price, didn't have 3", or didn't have prices on their website (even though I suspect some of these may be less).

If someone either wanted Dunlop or a different thickness, then there are many more options besides these.

Phoenix

PS: reposted this to a new thread called "Latex Toppers" so this one can stay specific to Plushbeds.

This message was modified Nov 21, 2010 by Phoenix

Recent Posts