Please help me figure out which FloBed to buy
Feb 11, 2010 8:33 PM
Please help me figure out which FloBed to buy.

FloBeds recommended for me to buy the Posture VZone because I am a side sleeper and the VZone is designed for side sleepers.

However, I do not want to buy that one because I do not like that it has velcro on it. When the velcro wears out, then what am I supposed to do?

Besides that, I don't think I'd ever use that functionality anyhow of rolling the layers across each other and whatnot.

Additionally, I do not like how the latex in the Vzone seems to be divided into sections like that because instinctually it looks to me like it would make it easier for the layers to rip apart over time.

So...what else should I buy from FloBeds? 

I do not really understand the differences between the beds listed on their website.

For  an example of something that confuses me:   their "Natural Latex" model lists a feature of "9 Inch Organic Cotton. "   What does that mean, exactly?  Does that mean that part of the mattress uses innersprings and/or PU foam?  Are there drawbacks to the 9 inches of cotton?  Is it better to get an all latex mattress with no inches of cotton?

If you guys could break those issues down for me, and also all the other issues I should be aware of regarding the differences in FloBed models,  in laymen's terms, I'd appreciate that a lot.

Re: Please help me figure out which FloBed to buy
Reply #13 Feb 16, 2010 9:52 PM
Confused BB, for what it's worth, i tried the vZone and I doubt the velcro will wear because you barely ever use it -- you just use it the few times you re-arrange the latex pieces and then it stays put. The examples you provided where velcro wears down appears to result from opening and closing the velcro multiple times.
Reply #14 Feb 16, 2010 11:23 PM
Leo3 wrote:
TJ12, what ILD did you choose for your hips and shoulders?  I am trying to make my own zoning.  Also what ILD did you choose for the rest of the mattress.

Thanks.

Leo,

Sorry for the delay in responding...been off the computer for days dealing with other things.  I'm not home now to check the actual ILDs and what my latest firmesses are but I can do that for you later.  I can tell you what we've been doing though...I'm still switching around.  My husband is 5'8" and 200 lbs..and quite muscular and I am 5'7" and 135.  The reason I like the VZone so much is that like many, my back has issues in different places (weak lower) and I have had tendinitis in both my right shoulder and right hip.  So, right now I believe I have a firm lumbar area for support, and firm under my hips and shoulders for pressure and keeping the shoulders soft which helps a lot.  My husband is easy...he left his as designed/suggested by FloBeds...soft shoulders and medium hips.  Here's the link to FloBeds' VZone suggested chart but all of them can be customized. 

Again, not having the ILDs with me..my bottom 2 layers are XF/F (XF on the bottom) and then the Firm VZone which I am modifying.  My husband has a XF/XF/F/F VZone and just loves it as is.  I

http://www.flobeds.com/pdf/vZoneSpecs.pdf 

Hope this info helps.

TJ

Reply #15 Feb 16, 2010 11:30 PM
cityskies wrote:
Confused BB, for what it's worth, i tried the vZone and I doubt the velcro will wear because you barely ever use it -- you just use it the few times you re-arrange the latex pieces and then it stays put. The examples you provided where velcro wears down appears to result from opening and closing the velcro multiple times.

Confused BB...yes, cityskies beat me to my answer.  I talked to my husband (who knows everything technical) about your velcro concerns and he said the exact same thing as cityskies.  It's the constant use of velcro that wears it out...not just the few times you set your bed up.  Odds are it will last a long time.  Also, the velcro is well distributed across the sides of the pieces making sure they align to each other correctly...this would be hard to do with snaps.

By the way to others...I bought the FloBeds mattress pad (all cotton) to put over the mattress although I wanted a heavier, higher thread count one but judging by all the concerns out there about it affecting the mattress feel, I am sticking with this one as it is actually pretty thin as far as mattress pads go.  Not sure how much thinner you could find in an all cotton thread count (and stuffing) pad.  It's a Simmons 200 thread count.  I would love to remove it and try it without as others have...but have to admit...this wonderful latex bed is shared with my wonderful dog... (or is that me sharing her bed with her?!!  )

Reply #16 Feb 22, 2010 3:50 PM
TJ12 wrote

By the way to others...I bought the FloBeds mattress pad (all cotton) to put over the mattress although I wanted a heavier, higher thread count one but judging by all the concerns out there about it affecting the mattress feel, I am sticking with this one as it is actually pretty thin as far as mattress pads go.  Not sure how much thinner you could find in an all cotton thread count (and stuffing) pad.  It's a Simmons 200 thread count.  I would love to remove it and try it without as others have...but have to admit...this wonderful latex bed is shared with my wonderful dog... (or is that me sharing her bed with her?!!  )

Hi TJ,

Just to be sure... the mattress pad you bought from Flobeds IS the Simmons 200 thread count? Do you know the exact name and model #? I'd like to see if I can find it at a local retailer.

Thank you,
Natalie
This message was modified Feb 22, 2010 by Natalia

Recent Posts