Please help guide me to a new bed
Jan 17, 2012 3:42 PM
I am happy to have found this site. Lots of info. and nice people/responses. I'm still confused ( so much info ) and am looking for a little more guidance. Thanks in advance to all. I have had my mattress since first married ( 20 years ) It is long overdue to be replaced, but financial reasons have prohibited that until now. I'm looking for a King ( California ? ) size bed as I'm 6' - 5" 210lbs ( wife 5' - 5" 135lbs ). I have found that I have a reaction to clothes with synthetic fibers, so something organic/non-chemical would be great. Is there a store in the Los Angeles area that I could try some of your recommendations ? Also, what sheets are best. Looking for really soft cotton, but don't lie the "slippery" feel of satiny types. One last thing would be, I need new pillows, ( for head and body ) any thoughts, stores, etc. ? Sorry for such a long post, but am desperate for a nights sleep as I find my hips ( sleep on my side ) have been hurting. Thanks again.

Best,

J

Re: Please help guide me to a new bed
Reply #1 Jan 18, 2012 5:39 PM
I believe Royalpedic is out that way and they are an All Natural Mattress manufacture and have been for years. Great products.
Reply #2 Jan 18, 2012 9:37 PM
Thanks so much. Will check them out. Also, would latex be a product to try out ?
Reply #3 Jan 19, 2012 4:34 AM
Ortho stores sell a Stearns and Foster that is 98% latex. Look at the LABEL on the head end of the mattress though; some of the sales people will tell you it's "all latex" but they're not. They have 3 different models and one of them is about 97% latex and the other 2 are between 80-90% if I recall correctly. Anyway it's one of the few chain stores where you can actually check out the feel of latex.

I think someone said there's a store called "PJ's" (I think) that sells latex. I think they used to sell Englander latex and I think they're somewhere around the Beverly Center but don't quote me. Someone in another recent thread about Los Angeles said there was a  place in Santa Monica that sold latex mattresses; then there is Foam Sweet Foam in O.C..

Latex may be what you want but you need to check it out and I would never buy a latex mattress from a place I could not get a refund from in case I realize latex is not for me. (Flobeds or SleepEZ etc offer refunds, sometimes with restocking fees - check the seller's Return and Refund and Exchange policies.)

Reply #4 Jan 19, 2012 12:17 PM
Great ! Thanks for this. I will definitely be looking into these places, and the latex mattresses. I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks again.

J

Recent Posts