Please Help!!! Deciding on Air Mattress beds
Feb 7, 2013 2:19 PM
My wife and I have a 10 yr. Sealy Spring Queen Mattress, which one of the springs has popped out of the top on the edge of the bed.  It was on my wife's side, and then suddenly it's now on my side!

Needless to say, it's time for a new one.  Not to mention I have PLMD (Periodic Limb Movement Disorder), which is where my legs will rock while I'm asleep and usually when I'm dreaming.  My wife is constantly complaining that she's often woken by the feeling of her head rocking back and forth because my legs are moving.  I'm also on CPAP, but it doesn't seem to help that much in that regard.

I've done a LOT of research on Air Beds and I've narrowed it down to two brands.  Innomax Medallion and the Habitat Ascend.  Though I'm heavily leaning towards Innomax.

My budget is around $2,400.  We're upgrading to a King bed this time.

I can get the Medallion from Bestbeds.biz for about $2,300 delivered.  The Ascend is about $1,000 more.  Is it worth it?

Though the Medallion only has 3 inches of combined foam (1 inch Talalay Latex and 2 inches Memory Cell).  Whereas the Ascend has 4 inches of combined foam (2 inches Latex and 2 inches of Memory).  The only other major difference I can tell between the two is in their pumps.  The Ascend is a pump, whereas the Medallion Adjust-A-Rest is pneumatic.  Which is better/quieter?  And finally, the remote for the Ascend is much more attractive than the remote for the Adjust-A-Rest.

If anyone has another air bed system that I've not mentioned, please let me know.  I've looked into the Denver Mattress, Co, but their reviews on their beds are terrible.  I also went and laid on the beds at our local Sleep Number store.  No way I'm paying those prices for the I10!!!  

My wife really liked the M7 SN bed because there was little to no transfer of motion when I moved around.  How well will the Medallion or Ascend beds be at not transfering motion?

Thanks in advance for any responses!!!

Kelly

This message was modified Feb 7, 2013 by Tean94

Recent Posts