Our Hastens Experience
Mar 24, 2008 11:43 AM
I have not been on here in some time, but I used to be a regular poster. 15 months ago my wife and I purchased a Hastens Excelsior in medium. It was by far the best bed we have ever slept in bar none. We have taken very good care of our investment. But something has gone wrong, and the bed has developed a slight hammocking effect that is problematic. The Hastens company was very quick to respond, and sent a company rep immediately. We live in New York City. Within days they determined that something unusual has gone wrong with the springs and have ordered us a brand new mattress. The price has gone up and they are not charging us the difference. We tested the new ones and to me they are even better than the one we had. The sides have been reinforced, and they are amazingly comfortable. I am amazed at the level of service we have received from the Hastens company. They insist that this problem is very rare and I believe it.  I have friends who own this bed and they report no such problem. I have not lost faith in the Hastens product. Their commitment to satisfaction shows me just what kind of company this is. Even Rolls Royce or Ferrari produce a lemon occasionally.

There has been a lot of talk about Hastens here lately. Unless you have owned or experienced this bed it is quite ridiculous to comment on it. So much has been said about how overrated Hastens is. How poorly they are made. How they are not worth the money. So many negative comments. But few of the negative comments seem to come from Hastens owners. Yes, this bed is expensive. It is not for everyone. I know I am fortunate to be able to have one.  I find much of the negativity about this bed to be unfounded and a bit ignorant. Unless you own one you just don't know. And this is coming from someone who just had a problem with one. That is how much I love and believe in this bed. There is nothing like a Hastens in my opinion, and they are worth every penny. And I know many agree with me.

Recent Posts