Original Mattress Factory? Pillowtops vs Talalay Latex Foam vs Tempurpedic Memory Foam?
Aug 22, 2011 6:08 PM
Has anyone ever bought a mattress from the Original Mattress Factory?  Consumer Reports rates it 2nd only to Tempurpedic for customer satisfaction.  I was going to get a Tempurpedic bed, but they are SO expensive & I am worried it will sleep too hot & that I won't like it because half the people don't seem to like the way it feels.  

I am currently sleeping on an innerspring Sealy PosturePedic bed that is 11 yrs old & has a massive dip in the middle.  I REALLY need a new bed!!  It has been giving me low back muscle pain & hip muscle pain because the dip is causing my back & hip muscles to pull all night long.  I was told that as a skinny person (5 ft 7 in tall & 125 lbs) that I should get a pillowtop, a memory foam, or a latex foam bed because those will have support inside, but be more cushioning soft on the surface.  I was told that as a skinny person, my shoulder & hip are sticking out when I sleep on my side & they are pressing against the harder surface & that causes my middle section between my shoulder & hip to be forced to be up like a bridge all night, w/ no support & nothing to rest on.  This, in addition to the massive dip, is causing my low back & hip muscles to get pulled & strained all night long.

Original Mattress Factory told me I should get either the most padded orthopedic mattress, an orthopedic pillowtop, a latex foam, or a memory foam so I would have some soft cushioning on top that would conform to my body (let my shoulder & hip sink in, while then still being supportive of my middle). 

So, I've never had a pillowtop, nor a memory foam, nor a latex foam mattress so I have NO CLUE what to do!  I have tried laying on them at Original Mattress Factory (which does NOT sell Tempurpedic) & at the furniture store that does sell Tempurpedic, but I am totally confused as to which type would be best because  I have read so many conflicting reports that you cannot trust if it feels good in the store because if it feels good & comfortable, then it will be too soft & therefore will not be "supportive" for my back!   It is all conflicting advice!  First, they say get something softer cuz I'm skinny, but then they say it might be too soft!

Any ideas about Pillowtops vs Tempurpedic Memory Foam vs Talalay Latex Foam?

Which one is best for a skinny body type?

I have NEVER had so much trouble trying to figure out what product to buy in my whole life!

Recent Posts