Newbie questions. Keetsa & Sultan Laxeby
Sep 21, 2010 9:10 AM
Hi,

I’m a newbie but have been doing lots of research the last few weeks so I have a “little” bit of knowledge now on this subject.  I was wondering about the lack of reviews on the Keetsa mattresses?  I saw them mentioned here:

http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/forum/stearns-foster-luxury-firm-too-soft-gah-what-are-my-options/14293-21-1.html

So being from NY I stopped by to take a look at the Keetsa Latex as it really sounded like what I was looking for.  (Nothing fancy, just an innerspring mattress with better quality materials than the “S” Brands, but without getting into Shifman/Hästens pricing).  Unfortunately, their latex/innerspring mattress was way too soft… but I really liked the feel of their Tea Leaf Dream and their Tea Leaf Classic which are innerspring with a claimed “Memory Foam”.  Their “Memory Foam” doesn’t really feel like most memory foams.  It feels between the dead feel of a tempurpedic and the springiness of a latex.  The company has a good warrantee (from how it sounds) and they were much better to deal with than, say, Sleepys… but I can’t find any reviews on this board even though there are quite a few on other random pages which makes me nervous…. Any reason for that? 

Also, I’m a bit confused on the slatted bases.  I have a bed frame that has a ledge on both sides to support a box spring, and then there are 3 cross braces evenly spaced that go left to right with center legs for support.  There is no ledge on the headboard or footboard.  Would I be able to lay an Ikea Sultan Laxeby slatted base right onto that, or does it need to be used with an Ikea bed?  Do I need to add some sort of center rail between the cross braces?  I ask because it’s a king size bed and it looks like many box springs/slatted bases are 2 pieces, and the inboard side of both of them will basically just be held up by the 3 points of contact with those crossrails.

Thanks in Advance!

Recent Posts