New Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe
Sep 6, 2010 12:28 AM
Has anyone tried the new model yet?  I plan to test it out tomorrow.  Relax the back has them exclusively for a month I believe.  I'm 6' 210lb. and did not think the cloud supreme was going to offer enough support.  However, the cloud luxe is a thicker mattress and actually has a layer of hd-tempur underneath.  I'm currently considering the Rhapsody and Allura.
This message was modified Sep 6, 2010 by Brad_G
Re: New Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe
Reply #12 Dec 5, 2010 2:48 PM
by the way ahindt,  i had to really find the right pillow for it too. that was a huge problem and hurting my back. consider that. i also walked all over the bed. the woman at tempurpedic told me to do that. i don't know if it will make it too soft for you or not.  but it helped me. i just know i hated it for four weeks. and lo and behold, he became magical. i firmly believe that there is the right tempurpedic for you. the deluxe may in face be too soft.  did you try the allura or rhapsody. or some of the somewhat firmer ones?  you should at least familiarize yourself with them.   i am so sorry to hear of your back pain.i know how debilitating it can be. i had a simmons beautyrest that aligned me for awhile and then i woke up in pain every single day.  i bought a sealy reflexions venice beach latex that almost put me in the hospital.  and the deluxe from tempurpedic was a nightmare for me for four weeks. so i do understand how disappointing all this is. but i did have remarkable turnaround in four weeks. i hope that works.  if it does not, i strongly suggest you looking into the allura or rhapsody.  or i guess you can just return it and get your money back. but i would certainly hang in there for 30 days.  you have barely slept on it yet.  did you walk on it?  to loosen it up? i know what you mean by soft.  but it still gives me the support i need. and i have terrible hip and back problems.  and make sure you have the right pillow. i absolutely hated hated hated the neck pillows from tempurpedic. they were totally wrong for me. i love the classic or comfort pillow. i forget the name.  it is the one that looks like a normal pillow but has a big indentation right in the center of it.  that is the pillow i swear by.   of course, this is all very subjective for all of us. i am just giving you my experience.  

Reply #13 Dec 5, 2010 4:26 PM
"Your questions are so subjective and hypothetical I do not know how to reply."

In not knowing how to reply you actually did reply :)

It's a shame that you didn't have the chance to try other options (for the sake of other forum members) but if I was in your shoes I would probably have the same brand loyalty you did. In a way I do except my brand is more generic (local and regional manufacturers and "do it yourself" constructions) than specific.

I think that in many cases brand loyalty is well warranted in the case of a good quality manufacturer as it certainly can save a lot of research and time in making choices and decisions, even if it does cost more.

Thank you for your equally open and responsive replies.

Phoenix

This message was modified Dec 5, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #14 Dec 5, 2010 5:11 PM
Well because TP is so high in cost is why I chose Sealy at the time, unknowing that Sealy was on the way down because of their low quality.  Never anymore S brands in my house.  The salesman at the time gave me his opinion that Sealy was just as good as TP, and it was comparable to the 5.5 lb memory foam, so he said.  This was over 2 years ago now.

Also the smell of memory foam will forever turn me off.  Not sure if TP smells as bad as Sealy but my guess is it does.   But I can fully respect those that like them.  If they would list the ILD more clearly at the showroom for each mattress that would help.

But I am into build it yourself for now.  Like anything reallly works for us problem people, LOL.

I am glad for those that are able to use TP and love them.

This message was modified Dec 5, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #15 Dec 7, 2010 8:03 PM
I've had my Rhapsody for 3 months now, and still love it. I didn't realize how much I loved it until I went away for a few days and slept on a spring mattress and woke up sore every day, and could hardly get comfy so I didn't get much sleep. Ever since I've been back on my Rhapsody, I'm sleeping so good again!

Most of the smell is gone from my TP now. There's still a slight smell but not bad. Compared to the memory foam sold at Walmart, which I had a pillow of the same brand that still stinks 5 years later, the TP smell dissipated much faster.

I still haven't tried the Cloud Luxe. Next time I'm near a mattress store, I'm going to check it out, just out of curiosity.

Reply #16 Dec 8, 2010 12:27 AM
BTW, I haven't had any problems with my TP sleeping hot yet. I usually sleep hot, but even when our temps were 100 degrees outside and my a/c couldn't get the house lower than 84 at night, I didn't sleep any hotter in this bed, which surprised me, as I fully expected to be sweating. Maybe they've gotten better with the heat issue. I did sleep hot on one of their pillows a couple of nights though.
Reply #17 Dec 25, 2010 3:40 AM
Hi Ahindt, I was just wondering if you had any updates on your problem for your tempurpedic? I just bought a King TP Cloud Luxe and I thought it was going to be amazing -- it seemed fine in the store and the first night was ok... since then (four nights later) I have really bad back problems when I wake up ... I'm very stiff, and I can definitely feel the pressure points in my hips and shoulders. I wake up with my arm numb and just general achyness. I tend to look at my TP like a torture rack, and I'm curious as to whether or not it's gotten better for you or not? I have one exchange with the return policy and I am very tempted to use it... but I have to wait 15 days. Ugh. Not sure if I can do it! Any thoughts or reviews on the Cloud Luxe would be helpful! Right now, it's just way too firm for me and I'm starting to panic that I wasted a whole lot of money on this mattress!

ahindt wrote:

Wow, what positive affirmations for the Deluxe Tempurpedic from "Everyman".  Reassuring since i just purchased one, however,  i am having pretty bad low back pain after sleeping on it for only 3 nights.  First night was great then back pain started.  I understand your recommendation to give it a full 30 days, but isn't this an ominous sign of having low back pain right off the bat or is this part of the adjustment period?  I love the feel of the deluxe, very comfortable everywhere but my low back.   Do you have any insight on this Everyman?!  Thank you!

Reply #18 Dec 26, 2010 9:59 AM
Hi Megami

We actually got a "Deluxe" Tempupedic.  Currently we have been sleeping on it just over 3 weeks now.  Generally the low back pain has gradually improved but last night had a little increased back pain so not sure what's up with that!  We were unable to use our luscious flannel bottom sheet because it really made the mattress hard, this must be related to the temperature sensitivity of the tempurpedic foam.  We are having better luck with a jersey/summer weight bottom sheet and of course we are using a very thin mattress protector.  Well we still have a long way to go to use up our 90 day sleep trial.  So as my husband says,  "the jury is still out".  I would encourage you to give it a little more time however.  It's so hard to go through all the back pain.  I wish there was an easier way to find the perfect mattress besides all the exhausting trial and error and without spending too much.  We would have gone with the "Rhapsody" Tempurpedic model but it was about another $500 and when one is already spending $3500 it's kind of hard to justify this. 

Reply #19 Jan 4, 2011 1:19 AM
I spent less than $2000 on my Rhapsody. I could never afford retail price. Check out Ebay and Craigslist. Got mine from a liquidator, brand new in the box, delivery included. Only problem is that you don't have the 90 day comfort guarantee, but if you don't like it, it's pretty easy to re-sell it on Craigslist. I did that with a TP I had before I got the Rhapsody that didn't work out for me, and ended up making a small profit even. My Tempurpedic pillows came from Ebay at much less than retail. If you do buy from Ebay, check the seller out carefully, as some sell fakes, but there are good sellers on there selling authentic TP pillows and mattresses at good prices.

Recent Posts