New member... question about "solid" non-stacker mattresses from Habitat and SleepEZ
Aug 16, 2010 3:52 PM
Hi everyone!

First post here.

My wife and I are seriously in need of a new mattress and after researching and locally investigating sleep number, inner spring, and latex... we have decided to give latex a try.

We will be ordering a King size in the next 2 weeks from an online store, probably SleepEZ, Flobeds or Habitat.

Though I like the idea of the "stacker" style mattress, my wife is concerned that this will make it more complex & confusing (too many options) to figure out what we are most happy with. Basically that we will be constantly tweaking and second guessing the layer combinations instead of just enjoying and letting ourselves adjust.

For this reason I am at least looking into a couple of ready to go "solid" mattresses before deciding which to buy.

Habitat appears to make a nice mattress in this style, but they seem overpriced for the thickness of latex and the cover that you get for the money. I guess you are paying for the "organic" factor with them.

SleepEZ makes a "factory special" 1 piece 8" mattress that seems to directly compete with the Habitat 8" mattress for $804.00 less in King size. Both appear to be constructed of a combination of organic "Sri-Lankan" Dunlop and Talalay.

The SleepEZ has an even more minimalistic cover, but that certainly doesn't justify the huge price difference, right? I mean, I can put a super nice wool cover on it for way less than that.

Any experience or thoughts on these mattresses or why the Habitat is worth 800 bucks more?

Here are URLs for each product in question.

Recent Posts