New member with latex information overload
Nov 6, 2011 10:38 PM
My wife and I are looking for a new mattress and I think latex might be the way to go for us.  We have been to a couple of stores and my wife is completely against memory foam because she does not like the feel at all.  She seemed however to like the feel of the Pure Bliss beds we tested (this was the only latex beds they carried).  So for the last week I have been spending hours upon hours researching different latex beds and I feel like my head is going to explode.  Just when it seems that a certain company might be the way to go, I then read a post or two that are completely negative. 

I am about 6', 165 lbs with some mid/lower back issues and seem to prefer slightly firmer beds.  My wife is 110 lbs and tells me that she doesn't really care about soft/hard, she just knows that she hates the feel of memory foam.  I found a local store that carries both Savvy Rest and Pure Bliss, so I am going to try and make it out there this week to test them side by side.  Are there certain things I should be asking the salesperson about these two beds or things I should be paying attention to when testing these beds?

Does anyone have any other suggestions that I shold check out?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  We have our third child due in about 4 weeks and I'm really hoping to have this purchased before then!  Thanks in advance!!!

Re: New member with latex information overload
Reply #1 Nov 7, 2011 1:43 AM
Oh, I was going to say "don't rush".  There's a lot of information indeed.  You won't find 100% positive reviews for any company.  That's just the nature of consumerism.  Remember that some of the people on this forum have injuries or medical issues and try several beds and many combinations before they find what they like.

I have a Savvy Rest and really like it.  Please note that you cannot return this bed; you can only exchange layers.  Ask about return policy when shopping.  If you mention where you live, perhaps someone can provide some local stores to try.

Congrats and good luck with the delivery.

Reply #2 Nov 7, 2011 8:30 AM
Thanks for your reply.  Return policies is definitely one thing I have been keeping an eye on.  Savvy Rest makes me a little nervouse that there are no refunds, only exchanges.

I am in the St. Louis area.  If anyone knows of any good stores to try out multiple latex mattresses, that would be great!

Reply #3 Nov 11, 2011 3:32 PM
Did you ever consider a close alternative? The gel-beds. The review for Intellibed gel beds are good. They might have the things you like about the latex, but without all the controversy. GL.
Reply #4 Nov 11, 2011 4:38 PM
edwinsmoz wrote:

Did you ever consider a close alternative? The gel-beds. The review for Intellibed gel beds are good. They might have the things you like about the latex, but without all the controversy. GL.

This poster has some vested interest in promoting intellibeds. He/she is a spammer. Please ban him/her. Thank you.

Recent Posts