New mattresses all junk?
Feb 12, 2010 10:38 AM
Hello everyone first post here.

Oviously I (we) are having issues with our mattress(s) over the last year and  through which time we have gone through 4 different mattresses. The first was a serta "whispersleep" or some other stupid name but there was something about whisper. Secondly we had a Steans and Foster mattress(the name escapes me). The third mattress was  sealy base model. The most recent purchased about 6 weeks ago is a Kingsdown.

All these mattresses had the same problem. After only a few weeks of use the foam on top of the mattress had body impressions and it literally felt like your body is "bottomed out" in the bed. Once this "foam" was imprinted from only a few weeks of use the bed(s) were extremely uncomfortable - the Kingsdown is by far the worst of the 4.

My girlfriend and I both had 10+ year old flipable mattresses previous to deciding to "upgrade". We havent slept comfortably for over a year and on many occasions have reverted back to sleeping on my old mattress.

Are there any manufacturers that still make a good ole' flipable mattress without any memory foam or latex or whatever other crap they are putting in mattresses these days?

Honestly I think beds have been going up in price and going down in quality.

We are both exhausted with this whole situation, any ideas or insights would be greatly appreciated.

We are going today to notify the seller that we will be needing a different bed than the one we have(still within the sleep guarantee on the Kingsdown) but we have lost hope as to finding a bed thats going to last.

Please help.

This message was modified Feb 12, 2010 by websy

Recent Posts