New Mattress Too Firm
Aug 10, 2010 1:02 AM
I just received delivery of a new mattress today replacing a  latex mattress purchased in June.  While the latex mattress was comfortable to sleep on, I woke up with lower back pains every morning.  It was just too soft. I also got very warm sleeping on the latex.   Thankfully the store I purchased from allowed an exchange with a restocking/delivery fee.   When I went to the store to choose a replacement, I chose a very firm mattress.  I think I made a big mistake.  It feels like I am sleeping on the floor it is so firm.  I would like some advice on what to do.  Would a pad of some sort help or will I somehow eventully get used to it.  The mattress in the store did not feel this firm - yes it was firm but felt way more comfortable than the bed that was delivered.  Does the bed soften up a bit after a bit of use.  Has anyone had this experience?  I can't imagine going back to the store and say this bed is too firm.  I am not sure even if I went back that I could make a good decision based on the two decisions I just made. HELP!!!  I just need a good nights sleep.

Recent Posts