Need help on new Spring Air Mattress
Nov 4, 2010 8:39 PM
i recently went into the brick because im tired of the old one im using now. I decided to buy this one

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?prod=WINTERFQP&navAction=jump&navCount=5

after picking it out ive been doing research and alot of people dont like spring air so i dont want to spend good money on something that wont be as good as a different brand like sealy or serta. Has anyone baught this particular set up or can tell me anything interesting about the specs? any advice would be appreciated because i can still cancel the order and pick something else out. thanks

Re: Need help on new Spring Air Mattress
Reply #34 Dec 24, 2010 8:57 AM
Great info on alignment, Phoenix. The illustration really helps. I think I'm fine for now in this regard. I used my new Natura pillow last night for the first time and it gave me great support (I just have to get used to the smell, which, though less than pleasant, is at least non-toxic!)

Out of curiosity, I checked out some "natural latex" mattresses while I was Christmas shopping. Went into the Keetsa shop ( I noticed that the products are made in China...not very environmentally friendly for a self-promoting "green" company!) Someone like you should write a "Dummies Guide to Buying a Mattress" or an online manual that, for a small fee, helps to cut through all the misinformation and hype...or else a documentary expose on the industry. 

Reply #35 Dec 24, 2010 4:44 PM
Keetsa ... IMO ... is a prime example of "greenwashing". This is not to say their products are bad ... but to call "green tea" memory foam "green" because they've replaced a little bit of their oil based polyols with plant based polyols is a little like saying just try this "reduced arsenic" drink. It tastes great and has less of the bad stuff in it.

Their latex is probably an example of some of the latex I was referring to in the Ikea thread. This too is not bad as there seems to be some very good latex coming out of Asia (both Talalay and Dunlop) but there is also some "not very good" latex coming from the same area. It certainly makes it more difficult to know what you are getting. I wish they (and others) would be more open about the source of their latex ... but of course this could take away the "story" that sells their mattresses.

Phoenix

This message was modified Dec 24, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #36 Jun 1, 2011 12:47 AM
I am so glad I found this thread!  We are considering the Spring Air Obusforme Winter firm ... we have a $1200 credit to use @ the Brick and would welcome any advice on the best way to use it ... we have had a string of bad luck with mattresses and wish we had went the DIY route to start ...

We have learned from our mistakes and realize that we don't want a thick topper or a plush unsupportive mattress!

Recent Posts