Need advice for quality mattress + topper
Jun 5, 2012 11:04 PM
Hi all,

I'm slowly beginnig to educate myself on mattress (mostly the hard way -- my $2000 piece of junk sleep number is my 3rd bed that I'll be returning and cutting my losses on).  I'm finally at a point where I think the best option would be to get a good quality, very firm mattress and then put a high quality topper on it to make it feel softer (which my wife greatly prefers).

Wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions?  I've been looking at this one: http://www.us-mattress.com/simmons-tomahawk-firm-queen.html

Not too expensive, looks to be firm, and has lots of positive reviews.  Would that be a descent choice?

As for a topper, where's a good place to buy online?  Trustworthy with good customer service?  I figure there is always the old standby Costco b/c of their great return policy, and they have some sort of gel-memory foam topper, which sounds interesting, but is it any good?  Latex toppers seem to be very popular around here -- where is good place to buy them?  Someplace I can trust and get good customer service if I need it?

Thanks!

sstchur

Recent Posts