Need advice on an exchange, with a large chain store.
Mar 3, 2008 4:23 PM
We have been wanting a new mattress for awhile and thought Presidents day sale, was a good time to buy.<BR> ( I Have decided to not name names, as I still have to deal with this situation and didn't want to take the chance, If after it is all done, people are interested in the actual mattress and company, I will tell all, but for know just looking for some outside advice, thanks ) <BR><BR>Long story short: We go and get the top of the line mattress at a very large chain store The sales person tells us the regular price is 3,900.00, I tell her we should look at another brand, We go through the big sales talk and she tells us because she is some sort of manager who just happened to be in the store at this moment, she can give us a price that no one else could, she says 3,000.00 in your house complete, all taxes and fees included. Considering we spent over 2,000.00 on a top of the line mattress, more than 8 years ago, I'm thinking this is a good deal, and am looking forward to not spending future days of my life shopping around gathering prices<BR> 13 days later (2 days ago) I am home all day and all I keep seeing on T.V. is this commercial for a one day sale, At the end of the day it is bugging me, I go to the next closest store, I go in and ask the guy what is the occasion for a one day sale when you just had the Presidents Day sale? All he says is they do alot of advertising, So I ask him for the sale price on the bed I just got 13 days earlier, (Yes I went in there and didn't tell him about my other purchase) He says 3,095.00 plus taxes and fee's, I am somewhat ok with that, except that he was throwing in 2 pillows (supposedly worth 240.00) I try to cut it short and leave, explaining I should bring my wife in, After a half hour in the store, he says let me see what I can do to earn your business today, makes a phone call to a manager, and comes back with a price of 2330.00 all taxes and fees included and 2 free pillows, As you can guess, I am a little upset over a 670.00 dollar difference, and if you include the price of the pillows, 910.00 difference.<BR> Back to the original purchase, my wife and I couldn't decide between, lets just call it the super soft or soft mattress, So the sales person said &quot;I will throw in the &quot; Exchange Policy &quot;for free, start with the super soft and if it is to soft, we will switch it, no problem. Well the bed is to soft for me and we are going to switch. <BR> So I have to contact the store make sure the person is working and tell them this story, and ask to refund the difference or since we are switching, should I ask to squash the first deal and write up the new one at this price?<BR> So please give your opinions as to how I should handle this. Or am I S.O.L.

P.S. I didn't know of this site till after the purchase.
This message was modified Mar 3, 2008 by supp22

Recent Posts