My orthotics might be the answer...
Dec 25, 2007 3:18 AM
I've noticed since wearing my prescribed orthotics daily, my right lower back pain is almost non-existant. Or at least not as severe as it had been. Granted, sometimes it still hurts in bed....BUT I love the feel of my topper configuration so much AND any pain or stiffness I have stops almost the minute I get out of bed. It's definitely not the same kind of pain I was having back when my mattress or topper was "sinking" in, hence giving me that nagging lower back pain where it hurts to get out of the "dip". Nothing like that excruciating pain.

So, I'm going to keep wearing my orthotics as much as I can and see if that seems to be the answer. And, more stretching helps, I noticed. I have a feeling it might be some arthritis settling in my joints and back. Need to keep moving!

As for my topper, I have a 1" 32 ILD talalay latex layer with a 2" 4 lbs. memory foam over that, topped by a thick, CuddleBed fiber mattress pad. A very nice combination over a very firm mattress (latex, HD PU foam, springs and a thin board over the springs to make it ultra firm.) Zippered cover.
Re: My orthotics might be the answer...
Reply #1 Dec 28, 2007 8:02 PM
BeddyBye, I am so happy for you that since you have been wearing your orthotics, your back pain has lessened significantly. Please keep us updated.

Recent Posts